For those of you who can speak Portuguese (WC related)

Edfilho

Cry some more!
One of the major gaming sites in brazil just posted a feature about Wing Commander 1, written by yours trully. check it at http://finalboss.globo.com/fb3/lc.asp?tc=20

They have this old classics section, called Fóssil Vivo (living fossile). I offered to write this piece on WC in lieu of its 15th birthday.

Hope you guys like it. I can translate it to english, if anyone whishes.

Very cool text Ed, I've been planning to write a similar piece for the website I write for, because we also have a classics section.

Thanks! I had to be quite short and quite basic to boot, considering how most gamer kids these days know of CS, MGS and nothing more... ;)
but I guess it ended up being pretty decent :)

Very nice, Ed. I had to dust off the old Portuguese, but I found it to be well-written. Bom trabalho!

ogh, too much work in the office AND at home (I write reviews on foreign books for a couple of local publishers, to ascertain if they should buy the rights or not), so nothing so far. But It shouldn't take too long to do it dureing the weekend.

thanks for asking :)

Dude, translating your own work should be fairly easy. Or maybe not. Anyway, it's really good.

I used babelfish to tanslate your article, despite the mistranslations of "mortal 15 degree tram kittens", I understood it fairly well, and found it to be a true tribute, and hope it gets your readers who share your interest for this game linked to this site.

How's the translation coming? It doesn't look like the original site is around anymore.

Back