For the love of GOD, why is it illegal.....?!

Karthik@KANE

Spaceman
I downloaded WC Secret Ops, I played until I reached a part telling me I have to download new missions! I searched and searched and they said that it was illegal to download it!
Argggghhhhhhhhh! Why does EA have to this? Can't they pity have pity/remorse on gamers?

They should cahnge their tagline from "Challange Everything" to "Destroy All Expectations". Now if you excuse me, I wanna mourn in silence!

Not that I support such things, but couldn't you get a friend who has Prophecy Gold, to copy the secret Ops section for you

SO was completely free for Download .Recently it stopped to be free....Dont complain,Origin made a very good move with the Free SO thing.You are just too late ;)

Go buy Prophecy Gold ,its really worth to have it ,especially if you are a WC fan

I downloaded WC Secret Ops, I played until I reached a part telling me I have to download new missions! I searched and searched and they said that it was illegal to download it!
Argggghhhhhhhhh! Why does EA have to this? Can't they pity have pity/remorse on gamers?

Ptth, that's nothing... I went to the car dealership up the street on my lunch hour, and asked if I could drive a car. "Sure," they said, and I road around for half an hour... so far so good, right? But then they said I'd have to buy it if I wanted to keep it! What the hell is that, some kind of freaky-deaky scam? Damn you, concept of capitalism.

Seriously, folks, Prophecy Gold is worth the six bucks you'll spend when you find it at an Amazon Z-Shop (Like regular shops, only *Z*). It's got an awesome updated manual and stuff. And lets face it, it's not a matter of supporting an 'evil' company... Electronic Arts isn't going to make a red cent off of the surplus copy of WCPG you find. It'd have been nice if you'd have bought it four years ago -- maybe we'd be playing Wing Commander 8 -- but it doesn't matter now. Now... you can go download the episodes illegally if you want to. Fine, go do it, but don't bother us with it. They're readily available No one will care, you won't be arrested and if you don't mention it here you won't be ostracized from the community. Now, if you already know that -- and I'm hoping you did -- and you're still complaining because you're not interested in the illegal downloads: kudos. Buying Prophecy Gold to get Secret Ops is entirely a matter of honor right now, and I have a heck of a lot of respect for anyone who does it.

Christ, you can get WC:p Gold and two other EA games in a bundle for a mere $15.

I just picked up a copy of Gold two days ago....finally.

I know, I'm a few years late on that score.....but, I already had Prophacy, and told myself I didn't want to buy it again.

I did it anyway, and I don't regret it one bit. I'd kind of fallen out of the Wing Commander thing...but I've realized the error of my ways, and have come back home, starting with getting Gold, and going back and playing WC1, getting WC2 and those Secret Ops for both WC1 and 2. It's a great feeling, going back to my gaming " roots ".

Luckily, I got in on the free run of SO right it's tail end. But in my opinion it was okay, but nothin new.
It's nice though to still be able download the base package and just install UE on it, UE was much better.

Mother of all Sadness....
Don´t cry for that
Don´t give your water to the death
Buy the freaking game

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Ptth, that's nothing... I went to the car dealership up the street on my lunch hour, and asked if I could drive a car. "Sure," they said, and I road around for half an hour... so far so good, right? But then they said I'd have to buy it if I wanted to keep it! What the hell is that, some kind of freaky-deaky scam? Damn you, concept of capitalism.

Hehehe, very good.

Originally posted by Ghost
Mother of all Sadness....
Don´t cry for that
Don´t give your water to the death
Buy the freaking game

Don't cry for me Argentinean

I suggest a new CIC competition. Ask people to write a small message with the same topic as this one. The Prize? Looking at Hades Pr0n collection.

Originally posted by Steelflight
I just picked up a copy of Gold two days ago....finally.

I know, I'm a few years late on that score.....
Not so much, I'm just buying WC4 now...

Maybe I'll get Prophecy in 2010.

After defeating the kilrathi in WC3 I thought I was done, but you can never get enough WC.:D

Back