FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

Lori

Spaceman
I have a Gateway Essential 450 w/a Sound Blaster AudioPCI 64D sound card. The specs that got Privateer working:

CONFIG.SYS:

@ECHO OFF
SET PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\SBPCI;c:\SOUND;
SET TMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET TEMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET PROMPT=$p$g
LH C:\CDROM\MSCDEX.EXE /D:CD1
LH C:\MOUSE\MOUSE.COM
REM--SOUNDCARDSTUFF--
SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 H7 P330 T6 J200
SET SNDSCAPE=C:\WINDOWS
SET SBPCI=C:\SBPCI
SET CTSYN=C:\WINDOWS
LH C:\SBPCI\APINIT.COM
SET COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM
C:

AUTOEXEC.BAT:

REM [Header]
REM == PISETUP Begin Delete ==
REM == PISETUP End Delete ==

REM [CD-ROM Drive]

REM [Miscellaneous]

REM [Display]
DOS=HIGH,UMB,NOAUTO
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE RAM 16384 /I=B000-B7FF
STACKS=18,256
FILESHIGH=25
BUFFERSHIGH=25
DEVICEHIGH=C:\CDROM\MTMCDAI.SYS /D:CD1
SHELL=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM C:\WINDOWS /P
Lastdrive=D

Cadet Privateer Lori signing off.....

Thanks everyone!!!!

SORT OF

We have an older Gravis 2 button joystick that we hooked back up and it works just fine. The Logitech Wingman Extreme does not support DOS.

Privette Power Rules!!

ONE PROBLEM

I re-installed P1 switching to the SB16 for music and speech, instead of the SB, but then I got the good old "Sound Card Configuration is Incorrect" and it wouldn't run. So I switched back to the SB. If I re-install to switch to SB16 again, is there something I need to change on .bat or .sys.

Right now the sound does play, but it sounds strange. And 2 times now after playing the game for awhile the sound sort of freezes up ........ just makes this steady noise and that's that.

Didn't I read an old thread about *too much* memory? Could that be playing a part? Just a guess.

Any advice????

Thanks..........Lori

sound in Privateer

I get the same sound problems. The memory trick did work, privateer's sound doesn't like more than 16 megs. But even after setting emm386 with the proper settings, my sound would cut out and be replaced with an annoying, constant sound too. This would happen about 15-20 minutes after playing. The only thing I can do is boot back to windows, then back to dos to reset my sound card.

Reading your config I was surprised to see you using Apinit.com for you sound driver. If I use this driver for the legacy chip on my SB128PCI Privateer just stall on boot-up. I've already posted about this problem, and nobody seemed to know how to solve this problem.
Would you do me a great favor and email your version of Apinit.com. I know you have a different sound card and the chances this might help are slim, but I'm ready to try everything. I recently finished both Priv and RF without sound, and it just wasn't the same, even thought in my mind I could play all the apropreate sound, it sometimes does help to hear you are being shot at!

Is it MY APINIT.COM, I assume, that you want??? Considering it a MOS thing, how to I email it to you. Try to copy it and I just get that "this program cannot be run from windows.......". Tell me how and I'll be happy to.

Lori

DOS thing rather than MOS

[Edited by Lori on 04-01-2001 at 09:29]

MOS?? Sorry I don't understand what you mean.
Yes, I'd very much like a copy of your apinit.com
my email adress is:
darthroel@email.com

Thanks in advance

[Edited by Darth Roel on 04-01-2001 at 10:45]

Back