Flyboys

Quarto said:
Wow, you mean that Portuguese does not have a word for "redemption"? :p

(Shawshank is the name of a place, and redemption means... well, redemption. As a title, it's about as difficult to translate as "French fries")

"Redenção" is the word... A literal translation would go like "A Redenção de (or "em") Shawshank".

But enough hijacking... Flyboys, huh? :p

Yeah, it is translatable, but "redenção em Shawshank" is a very unatractive title. It wouldn't help ticket and DVD sales :)... It does not sound as good as in english. But hey, anyone knows when Flyboys will hit the screens over here?

(PS: flyboys is really hard to translate)

Well, naturally, it's a movie about WWI. However, you don't need to worry about the producers losing money on this one - it's certainly going to earn back its budget (and then some) in DVD/video sales & rentals.

Quarto said:
Well, naturally, it's a movie about WWI. However, you don't need to worry about the producers losing money on this one - it's certainly going to earn back its budget (and then some) in DVD/video sales & rentals.
It just sort of makes me worry a bit more about The American Knight

Bandit LOAF said:
I don't think you have to worry about The American Knight...

... ever being made.

Yeah, the simple fact that Flyboys exists probably put the last nail in that coffin. But I suppose the project could have been resurrected had Flyboys had a wildly successful theatrical run stateside. But that would have been offset a bit by how amazingly similar the proposed plot sounds to Flyboys. I would have gone to Flyboys in the theater but It hasn't played in my quaint little city yet.

AD said:
Yeah, the simple fact that Flyboys exists probably put the last nail in that coffin. But I suppose the project could have been resurrected had Flyboys had a wildly successful theatrical run stateside. But that would have been offset a bit by how amazingly similar the proposed plot sounds to Flyboys. I would have gone to Flyboys in the theater but It hasn't played in my quaint little city yet.
at first I thought Flyboys WAS the Chris Roberts project

Back