Flyable fighters

During the Battle of Terra :)
Blair was shot down and hospitalized for some time, IIRC, so he had to sit the rest of the battle out. If I'm not mistaken, that's the reason he wasn't onboard the Concordia when she went down.

Anyway, back to the topic... Blair was away from the battle for a while, which is good enough an excuse to leave him out of Standoff. I wouldn't like to have a sloppy Blair cameo in the game, so we'll settle for no cameo at all.

Hey Eder,

You can have some cutscene of a search and rescue ship tractoring in an escape pod, and the crew would go "Hey, it's Colonel Blair!"

psych said:
You can have some cutscene of a search and rescue ship tractoring in an escape pod, and the crew would go "Hey, it's Colonel Blair!"
Actually, me and Quarto have discussed the possibility of scripting a fighter's destruction right after the player reaches the Concordia's nav point. Then we could trigger a ejection comm issued by a pilot whose helmet would read "Maverick" or we could have a pilot from the Concordia say something like "Damn, Maverick's ejected! I'm assuming control of this wing now."

Ghost said:
Standoff takes place after WC2?
Yeppers. It starts a while after SO2 and ends a while before WC3 (2669.001 or so).

The wc3 novel mentions Blair taking a missile over earth, which, IIRC, injured him personally, and it was six months before he flew again. It was during those six months that the Concordia went down. That's why he survived it.

Hey, perhaps there should be a mission where you come across a merchant in a Tarsus who seems to be in a hurry to get rid of an artifact ;)

It's a bit early in the timeline for Mr. Burrows to be showing up in a Tarsus, really. And yeah, Blair went down during the battle, which is why any cameo he makes will be a rather brief one ;).

And, now I suddenly notice about a page's worth of posts I hadn't seen before I made my last post here. Gee. Sorry, guys.

Back