Flight Commander Obj To Mesh Coversion Problems

Ptarmigan

Spaceman
I have downloaded Flight Commander and the Obj to Mesh converter. Flight Commander is a great engine I find. I tried to convert obj files to the mesh format so Flight Commander can read them, the file I try to create is 0 byte. What is going on? The objects are under 1,000 polygons. Oh, can Flight Commander allow to play cutscenes?

Ptarmigan said:
I have downloaded Flight Commander and the Obj to Mesh converter. Flight Commander is a great engine I find. I tried to convert obj files to the mesh format so Flight Commander can read them, the file I try to create is 0 byte. What is going on? The objects are under 1,000 polygons. Oh, can Flight Commander allow to play cutscenes?

So support for importing ships directly from a prophecy game is better than .obj conversion. The restrictions for .obj files are that only one texture is supported. It isn't very widely used, so if you could send me the .obj file you are trying to use, I can have a look at it. Thanks for giving the engine a try.

I tried to keep the editing model simple, so there's no custom cutscene support. However, full motion video playing would be more likely to be supported in the future. You can customize the 3d mission briefings. Eject cutscenes and new takeoff and landing cutscenes are implemented for the next version.

Back