Fleet Tactics comments threads

ChrisReid said:
I don't want to intrude on Jibbo's generosity, but we could probably transfer things to tactics.solsector.net or the equivalent for free.

Yeah, that was the eventual idea. But we just wanted to get the thing up and running smoothly first before giving it a permanent home. I would definitely love to move it to sol sector when all the kinks have been worked out. Hopefully soon.

I have the server space and bandwidth, but psych.justinlee.ca isn't the most awe inspiring of URL's that's for sure :p

I have 3 reasons for liking this so far:

1: Its intelligent and logical.
2: It was released finished, so far as ive seen
3: It has an attitude/spin and isnt afraid to make this obvious. If this is intentional or if this is unbreakable habit of Psych's I dont know. :)

Edit: In the Arrow entry within your Joan's, you say something like "the phase shielding on the Arrow is more powerful than that on the Broadsword". Care to clarify? (and I didnt know that fighters ever carried phase shielding... if theres something about that on the site apoliges, havent found it yet.

psych: pass me a word once you are done with changes. I have to tweak some elements on the website.

And great work. *gives cuddos to psych*

Chernikov said:
Edit: In the Arrow entry within your Joan's, you say something like "the phase shielding on the Arrow is more powerful than that on the Broadsword". Care to clarify? (and I didnt know that fighters ever carried phase shielding... if theres something about that on the site apoliges, havent found it yet.

All shields are phase shields ... the ones on capital ships are simply vastly more powerful than those on fighters (and they may or may not be meson-based)

Chernikov said:
I have 3 reasons for liking this so far:

1: Its intelligent and logical.
2: It was released finished, so far as ive seen
3: It has an attitude/spin and isnt afraid to make this obvious. If this is intentional or if this is unbreakable habit of Psych's I dont know. :)

There's a reason the shield ratings went from 18cm durasteel units to 200cm durasteel units... :D It's called improved phase shielding. They've always apparently had the previous generation's phase shields, since their shield levels end up being equivalent to similar to a capship's with the same generation of shields (ergo why the Broadsword almost had as much shielding as the Claw - 18 versus 21cm), though ship shields advance sooner due to the amount of power and the size of the generators. Notice that by WC3 and WC4 we can damage ship-shields again, and fighter-shields have bulked up to several hundred units... and by WCP, we've still got that, though we need weapons that do 600cm units of damage to put a dent in phase shielding again.

To Chris Reid...

Yeah I've been swinging by the forums every now and then. I lost my password and only recently bothered to have it sent to me. So you'll see me post from time to time...ever though it's been a good many years since I was a regular of the WC community it's still by far my favoriite computer game of all time.

Also after reading the Fleet Tatics pages just one thing you guys missed...it's Vukar Tag not Vakur Tag...not to be a nit picker but I noticed it throughout the site. Otherwise probably the best pre WC3 era site I've seen congrats on all the time and effort you guys put into it. I would love to see it continue going back in farther into detail with each previous era of WC, although I know the earlier years there is little information except that gained from AS and some of the other novels. Otherwise mad props to you guys.

Dundradal,

Vukar Tag has been fixed yesterday, we got a heads up on it and dealt with the issue.

Ok cool man. Just trying to ne helpful...otherwise I love the site...spent over an hour reading all the stuff on it...although I also had a problem with some of the communication windows as they don't resize I missed the last several lines of some of them

Dundradal,

Any stuff such as pop-up windows or the sort, you are probaly better off asking Jibbo, it was he who programmed that stuff into the HTML. It looks like overmortal had the same problem too.

I think what people mean is that the windows which pop up are of the non-maximizable type, and taller than 600 pixels... so anyone running his/her OS at a resolution of 800x600 or lower will miss the last few lines of all of these pop ups. Happens to me too.

Eder said:
I think what people mean is that the windows which pop up are of the non-maximizable type, and taller than 600 pixels... so anyone running his/her OS at a resolution of 800x600 or lower will miss the last few lines of all of these pop ups. Happens to me too.

Okay, windows have been resized smaller and the option to resize them is now available. And I've added a return false thingie on Phoenix's suggestion which should stop the wondow from continuously popping back up.

I am running at 1024x768 on my laptop, so keep on letting me know if there are any other formatting issues or colour problems.

All I can say is "WOW!" Great site! I've just spent all evening just absorbing the content. There's a lot of information there I never knew about. Good job!

Great Site!!

A great deal of information that I had just winged it for my own tabletop RPG I made. Now I can revise it and be more comfortable with the results.

The only bad part is that I have to do alot of work on it again lol!!

Why is it in the "Communications" section, when one clicks on one of the numbered messages, the page goes to the top of the message section automatically?

Is this a bug or a site feature?

Alright worx great now guys. I really like it. Kudoos for all of you who put effort into that site. It is one of the best I"ve seen so far.

Mmkay, I've got a correction... for the 2654 ships (Hornet/Rapier II/Raptor/Scimitar), you've listed Douglas Aerospace as the designer... the four blueprints all list "Origin Aerospace" for the WC1 fighters.

Back