First to Fight! Anyone else playing?

Ridgerunner

Vice Admiral
Pretty cool game I got for Christmas. I'm not really a fan of first person shooters, but the Marine angle kinda got me going. I only found 3 real discrepancies, which is pretty good considering all the Marines involved with developing the game.

CYA!:D

Not playing it yet , but it kinda irk's me that a bunch of Jarheads
and a marketing team took the 24th ID's moto for a title .
Said it with every salute for years .

Interesting...in the trailer it seemed that there were no target reticules in the game. Is that for real? I kind of like that idea actually...

Looks good. And eeeww, Portuguese from portugal. It is too weird. but thanks anyway :) I'm actually a gamespot complete subscriber ;) How did this game escape my radar?

Maj.Striker said:
Interesting...in the trailer it seemed that there were no target reticules in the game. Is that for real? I kind of like that idea actually...

It kinda depends on what resolution you have it set at. Since my 500 MHz Pentium II kinda struggles, I couldn't tell you what all the cool bells and whistles are.

Cargoman: How about from the Marines' Hymn? "First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean.";)

Edfilho said:
Looks good. And eeeww, Portuguese from portugal. It is too weird. but thanks anyway :) I'm actually a gamespot complete subscriber ;) How did this game escape my radar?

I always thought it looked pretty crummy compared to the ghost recons and other military shooters games that came out before it. Reviews were pretty average.

Ridgerunner said:
It kinda depends on what resolution you have it set at. Since my 500 MHz Pentium II kinda struggles, I couldn't tell you what all the cool bells and whistles are.

Cargoman: How about from the Marines' Hymn? "First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean.";)

"From the Halls of Montezuma to the Hills of Tennessee,
We're the biggest bunch of assholes the world has ever seen,
First to beat our wives and children, and to wipe their body clean,
May the whole damn Navy take a crap on United States Marines."

From the Great Santini, written by Pat Conroy

Ridgerunner , Well I never really listened to the lyrics ,
The tune would start , I would roll my eyes and tune out ,
but It does lessen my ire .

ChrisReid said:
I always thought it looked pretty crummy compared to the ghost recons and other military shooters games that came out before it. Reviews were pretty average.

The one thing (really the only thing) I have against the Ghost Recon games are the fact that you don't see your weapon. I know that seems like a real petty thing but that's why I didn't like Rainbow Six 1 & 2. Raven Shield, on the other hand, was quite impressive and enjoyable. Ghost Recon was as well but I really miss not seeing the M4 belch some fire... Fortunately, it looks like GR3 has addressed this small concern of mine and then some. :) Can't wait for it to come out!

Cargoman: Really? Then you would really like the last line of the whole thing:
"If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded by The United States Marines.":D

psych: What are you? Some kinda slimy, russpickin', gob squid? And after all the praise I heap upon those glorious Corpsmen.:( Don't forget the powdered soap next time you shower aboard ship. All the swabbies love it 'cause it takes so much longer to pick it up after they drop it.:D ;)

Ridgerunner , Yeah !!! and thanks to your information I'm
so glad I did !!
Theres no way I could have keep a straight face .

(Check out "fiddlers Green" , I was in the Gulf with 1st Cav.)

Ridgerunner said:
psych: What are you? Some kinda slimy, russpickin', gob squid? And after all the praise I heap upon those glorious Corpsmen.:( Don't forget the powdered soap next time you shower aboard ship. All the swabbies love it 'cause it takes so much longer to pick it up after they drop it.:D ;)

I graduated from Marine Corps Officer Candidate School. I switched branches to the Navy cause I wanted a more intense physical challenge.

If you want an intense physical challenge you should try D.I. School, and then give SEER school a shot. Other than that, you should try to win the Ironman. As a fun deal, they used to have the Volkslauf at MCAS(H) Tustin, but since they closed the base down and sent everyone to Pendelton they may be doing it there now. That's a tradition that I would really like to see continued. The last one I ran, a civilian team won. Yep, everyone got beat by a bunch of civilians.:eek:

CYA!:D RUSSPICKER!:D

Maj.Striker said:

I'm pretty sure you can play COD2 like that.

psych said:
Thanks for the ideas, but I want to finish BUD/S first.

Lightweight. Do it all. Whatsamatter? Not enough hours in the day?

Like they told us in D.I. School: "Did you sleep last night? Then you had time to get it done.":p

Back