first mission problems

U

Unregistered

I've downloaded secretops, wcue, and now standoff.. everthing loaded fine, and i can start standoff, but i get a fatal error whenever i go thru the door to play the first mission, Iset eveything to the minimums in the setup screen, but the problem still exists, is there a patch that takes care of this somwhere??

SecretOps itself and UE do work?
The only reason why Standoff could crash then would be that the video mode isn't set properly I guess. Try to seelct another graphic mode. Do you get any error message? (It sounds like you hacked glide mode back in for me from the error description, but I guess you'd have mentioned that).

1st mission problems

I'm running win98 SE, don't know if the CPU is too slow or what.. THinking of upgrading to a 3.2 GHz intel m/board, with 4gigs ram, and a Geoforce 6200 Graphics card w 256MB video memory, new sound card etc.etc.. I'm currently running a 466MHz system, with 64M ram STB 128 video card

Seecretops, WCUE

Yes secretops and WCUE do work, without any problems at all, mt graphics card doesn't support glide mode, I've tried to run Standoff in 800 x 600, 640 x 480 and 1024 x 768 resolution... Secretops is running at 1024 x 768.. ( downloaded the high res patch ) WCUE is running under the same resolution, I've disabled the hardware acceleration, set the options to the absolute minimums , reloaded the standoff game several times, and can't get thru the door to go out on my 1st mission... will try disabling the command line for the glide software next.. hopefully this'll do the trick.. thanks!!

Unregistered said:
Yes secretops and WCUE do work, without any problems at all, mt graphics card doesn't support glide mode, I've tried to run Standoff in 800 x 600, 640 x 480 and 1024 x 768 resolution...

If the intro works, but the actual game does not, the only suggestion I have remaining is that you turn off the cockpit graphics in the in game option menu. If it does work after that and if you are truely running 640x480, D3D-16 this would be kinda strange however (the fix is for a GLIDE bug, but maybe it helps anyhow).

Back