First Impressions

tcat92

Spaceman
Wow, this is like the good old days except with way better graphics. Awesome. Thanks to the developers for making this.

Just had a couple of thoughts:

Both of the mission computer and the news feed have multiple entries that are very similar. One thought is that it might be better to have less missions that are more unique than many that are very similar (only differing in compensation). I do see that the mission location changes and there are other variables, but there seem to be many that are identical except the reward. The news feed is the same way. Often the same story is repeated verbatim. Ther must be good 50 entries and they seem to repeat in groups. This may be a bug, but if not, it may be better to have fewer. Just a thought. I do like the rescue mission for the pilots that are sending SOSs. Awesome!

Also, I tried to land on Helen for my first cargo run. Had a tough time landing due to the procedure. Do we always have to press 0 to request landing? And if we do, do they always respond verbally or do they not respond at all? I didn't get any answers by pressin 'c' then '0'.

Once I buff up, I'll do some missions and post any other feedbacks. Thanks to the team again for working on this. I like Privateers the best of the WC series because of the sheer freedom. And you guys have made it better holding true to the spirit of the original. This is long overdue.

The landing procedure differs based on your difficulty level. If it is low, simply flying close to the base and pressing 'd' will get you to dock (you can skip requesting clearance, though you can still request if you like)

To request, all you need to do is target the base and press 0. If green boxes (red if they are behind something) appear, your request is granted. Fly to them (or it) and press 'd'. Keep in mind, Helen (and the other planets) only have one large box the encompasses the whole planet.

Glad you are enjoying it, it's always a relief to hear that :D Thanks for your feedback!

just fly within 3000 of the planet and press 'd' to dock

you should only see a few missions...sometimes there are a lot of cargo missions though--we can reduce those numbers.... but 50 missions at once... I don't think that's been the case for a while....

What about the news feed? There is none before the first mission, then there are almost 50 after the first mission. Is this normal?

Also, it would be nice to see the title of the entire mission in the left-side display panel. For example, I see under Bounty mission, "On pirate in system xxxx", but I only see "On pirate in system x" and cannot scroll to the right. One has to click on the mission to see the detail. It would be nice to see the entire title so you can decide if you want to read further.

I wasn't able to see what mission I had accepted once I clicked on accept. If I come back to the mission computer screen, there is no mission listed on the right side panel.
Is there a way to see what mission you agreed to before you launch?

Back