Finishing collection of games, plus info on cards.

DyNaMiX

Spaceman
This 15 year stuff has gotten me a very good Wing Commander mood.
Here are a few questions I'd like to ask, I'm interested in completing my Wing Commander game collection and I'd like to know roughly how much it'd cost me to finish the whooollee thing.

What I need:
-Wing Commander 2 (floppy disk edition)
-Wing Commander 2: Special Operations 1 & 2 (floppy disk edition)
-Wing Commander 3 (original, but preferably the big collector's edition)
-Wing Commander Privateer (original) **I've got a "classic" edition of this
-Wing Commander Academy (original) #
-Wing Commander Armada (original) #
-Super Wing Commander
-Any books would be cool (ESPECIALLY the confed handbook and anything else along those lines), Novels included (I need: False Colours, WC IV, Action Stations, Freedom flight). #


Any idea the prices of each one? I've checked ebay but it seems VERY inconsistent. I'm not after these games to play (except for Armada/Super/Academy) they are merely to collect as I have the Kilrathi Saga.
It'd be good to complete the collection of my favourite game series. Keep in mind this is just me being curious. I may not even go head with it all. Just curious to how tough it'd be to aquire all the above. # marked items are ones I'm really interested in getting if I can't get them all.


Another question. I bought a box of WCCG starter decks ages ago. A few of them are unopened and the rest have been organised into a couple of decks. I've got a fair few doubles and a few unopened boxes. Did anyone wanna trade these for cards? If not, were the CIC interested in them for prizes or something? I feel selfish having them sit there collecting dust.
 

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
DyNaMiX said:
I'm interested in completing my Wing Commander game collection and I'd like to know roughly how much it'd cost me to finish the whooollee thing.
-Wing Commander 2 (floppy disk edition)
-Wing Commander 2: Special Operations 1 & 2 (floppy disk edition)
Do you already have the CD version? If you're going to start collecting stuff based on different versions like this, it gets much more difficult. There's more than a dozen versions of some of the early games.

DyNaMiX said:
-Wing Commander 3 (original, but preferably the big collector's edition)
-Wing Commander Privateer (original) **I've got a "classic" edition of this
-Wing Commander Academy (original) #
-Wing Commander Armada (original) #
-Super Wing Commander
Most of these are in the $10-20 range. The prices fluctuate and you'll have to check eBay for more precise numbers.

DyNaMiX said:
-Any books would be cool (ESPECIALLY the confed handbook and anything else along those lines), Novels included (I need: False Colours, WC IV, Action Stations, Freedom flight). #
Check half.com for all the books. They're only a few dollars each mostly, so there's no reason to not have all the books. The Confed handbook is usually around $7-15.

DyNaMiX said:
Any idea the prices of each one? I've checked ebay but it seems VERY inconsistent. I'm not after these games to play (except for Armada/Super/Academy) they are merely to collect as I have the Kilrathi Saga.
You have to know how to look up prices on ebay. Looking at the active auctions doesn't tell you much. Search the completed listings to see what the final prices were for auctions that already ended. Keep in mind that Super Wing Commander is primarily for the Macintosh and 3DO. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have with emulators.

DyNaMiX said:
Another question. I bought a box of WCCG starter decks ages ago. A few of them are unopened and the rest have been organised into a couple of decks. I've got a fair few doubles and a few unopened boxes. Did anyone wanna trade these for cards? If not, were the CIC interested in them for prizes or something? I feel selfish having them sit there collecting dust.
We can always use rare duplicates for general trading and helping people complete their sets. https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/5633 Don't feel too bad about just holding onto a few decks though. In the summer we usually get a couple donations for Birthday party prizes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DyNaMiX

Spaceman
Thanks for that reply mate, appreciate it!

Is it worth having doubles of any cards? Say a couple of the fighters and their maneuvors? I doubt I'll ever get to play it (I don't know anyone who is really into Wing Commander down here) but I'd definantly like to collect them... even if I am a little late.



In regards to the games, I don't have the CD versions. All I have is the Kilrathi Saga and the original disk version of Wing Commander 1. I was interested in getting the 2nd one and the expansions just for pure collecting. I've already played them. I might try them out on DOSBox to see them in their old glory without the new music and sound effects, but purely collecting.
 

Wulf

Vice Admiral
Actually, having KS already is a good thing, because I got mine from eBay at over $200 :eek:
 

DyNaMiX

Spaceman
Okay going through them I've got a couple of sealed Kilrathi starter packs (4 or so I think, still going through my stuff) and I've got a HEAP of Confederation doubles. Lots and lots of those.

I'd be happy to organise these in some way and donate/trade them.
 

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
DyNaMiX said:
Is it worth having doubles of any cards? Say a couple of the fighters and their maneuvors? I doubt I'll ever get to play it (I don't know anyone who is really into Wing Commander down here) but I'd definantly like to collect them... even if I am a little late.
Unless you're going for multiple complete collections, duplicates for collectors are unnecessary. When you're playing against other people, it can certainly be useful to have copies of cards. There's already fighter "duplicates" in the form of different squadrons, but weapon systems, medals, maneuvers, luck, battle damage, modifiers and a variety of select other cards are definitely useful in numbers.

DyNaMiX said:
Okay going through them I've got a couple of sealed Kilrathi starter packs (4 or so I think, still going through my stuff) and I've got a HEAP of Confederation doubles. Lots and lots of those. I'd be happy to organise these in some way and donate/trade them.
We mainly just would use duplicate Rares, but you can probably donate doubles of the uncommon/commons to other forums posters who don't have any cards.
 

Iceman16

Vice Admiral
I know I wouldnt mind havin a few WC cards to look at, I never heard about them until about 3 years ago and havent found any that I could buy.

regardin prices on books, I got Action Stations, End Run, and False Colours for $9 US on Ebay.

BTW: I have a copy of Super Wing Commander that Ive never gotten to work that I'd be willin to trade for some of your duplicate cards.
 

DyNaMiX

Spaceman
Iceman16 said:
I know I wouldnt mind havin a few WC cards to look at, I never heard about them until about 3 years ago and havent found any that I could buy.

regardin prices on books, I got Action Stations, End Run, and False Colours for $9 US on Ebay.

BTW: I have a copy of Super Wing Commander that Ive never gotten to work that I'd be willin to trade for some of your duplicate cards.

I'd probably be happy to trade for them.
In terms of duplicates, what I'll do is write up a total list of what I have and then post it in here. I'll sort out every single duplicate card and we'll go from there.
There are two lots of cards as well. You've got Kilrathi and Terran. The Kilrathi I have no doubles of I don't think except for the sealed starter decks. The Confed I got loads of doubles. I'll post them up soon.
 

Gunslinger2

Rear Admiral
I would be willing to donate / trade some cards as well. A year ago, I went WC CCG collecting crazy on ebay and purchased several boxes of booster packs and starter decks. I tried to complete a set that way before Chris helped me out. Thanks Chris!!!


Btw, does anyone have an extra Promotional Tolwyn card? I would be willing to trade a Promotional Blair for it.
 

DyNaMiX

Spaceman
Iceman16 said:
I know I wouldnt mind havin a few WC cards to look at, I never heard about them until about 3 years ago and havent found any that I could buy.

regardin prices on books, I got Action Stations, End Run, and False Colours for $9 US on Ebay.

BTW: I have a copy of Super Wing Commander that Ive never gotten to work that I'd be willin to trade for some of your duplicate cards.

I haven't had time just yet to sit down and organise things. But I've got about 3-4 Confed starter boxes full of doubles so far. The Kilrathi ones I've got a couple of missile/weapon system doubles. Just posting this as an update so you don't think I've forgotten.
What were you interested in for the SWC game? Did you want me to organise doubles or are you actually starting a set? If you're starting I can organise the cards into a set (no doubles) and then maybe put in some extras.

I'm considering whether or not to open the other Kilrathi starter boxes. Reason is I'm sure some people are interested, but would people prefer I organise the cards into collecting sets for them, or would they prefer unopened boxes (that won't have as many as if I sorted them out into sets). Keep in mind any opened boxes will be in absolute perfect condition.
 

LeHah

212 Squadron - "The Old Man's Eyes And Ears"
Edfilho said:
Most of the books can be found used on Amazon.
I found Half.com to have the best buying experience for WC books
 
Top