Finals, finals, it's the happiest time of the year!

How would you rate your finals this semester?

• Doing great!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • O.K.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Caffiene is my best friend!

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I should've studied more...

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • GOD! IT BURNS! IT BURNS!

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Chicken

Spaceman
How would you rate your finals for this semester?

I'm already knee deep in mine, so I hate my life right now.

Study, study, study!!!!!!

I skived off in school and was very lucky to get into a Uni course that I liked but even now my failure to develop any kind of study or work ethic when I was in High School is proving a major hindrance.

Well this is my Final Year, so after a four hour a night of sleep routine for 6 weeks straight I handed in my FYP and 3 other pieces of coursework only to get to studying now for just under the next 4 weeks straight.

Basically... its killing me, right now I'm revising for what should be the easiest (for me) of all my modules, Computer Graphics... I have no idea how to define a Bezier surface and I know for a fact its come up on a past exam paper... *sigh*. I just wanted to make pretty lighting effects and explosions.

Databases should be a snap, Japanese will require a few days revision but should be pretty much in the bag... but compilers... if I'm having trouble with Graphics god only knows how in the hell I'm going to pass Languages and ther Compilers. Don't get me wrong, I finally got my head around it all but theres so much on the subject... I'm really not confident at all, and this would be the worst time to fail.

Finals aren't for another three weeks here. They shouldn't be too bad - I have three in a row on a wednesday, a thursday and then a friday (May 11-13). I'm looking forward to finishing up and going home for the summer -- I just really really need to find a summer job now.

I've got two English papers and a law research paper that I have to write between now and then, though. That will be enough to keep me appropriately stressed.

My exams are at the end of May/start of June

Well I say exams, but I'm only doing one (Computer Networks), becuase I failed it last year

Only one left, two weeks from now. I love the ability to do double-speed courses at the local university.

Then again, I'm taking a break from serious academics and getting into auto repair, so when the final involves one hour of classroom time and then getting neck-deep in a fluid change and transmission inspection on a Jaguar, I don't think it counts as "stress" or "work". :D

hey CIC long time no see. I've got alot of work before I graduate on May 21. Ive got one five pager on the British Empire in the pre-World War 2 period, a 15-20 pager on the teamsters as an interest group, and a 15-20 pager on Piracy in the Atlantic. All that plus I've got a interest group politics final and an imperialism final. And two presentations. And five AA meetings a week. Gotta love senior year.

Im a history major. political science minor. plus im in a five year masters program for history here at Fordham. so the pirate paper is for a grad class.

I voted "it BURNS!"... because the finals I'm expecting aren't tests, they're research papers and programs. Mine haven't started just yet, instead they're festering like a tumor and I'm expecting the worst. I hope it isn't quite as bad as the final for C++ programming pt. 1 last year... that thing was 1000+ lines of code I had to do with very little advanced notice. It wasn't really "hard", just tedious and difficult to do in a day or two. I actually prefer anything, even that C program, to research papers. I just can't F*#(#@% stand doing the research! I actually like tests and test-type finals though... I'm the type who gets very low homework grades but very high test scores without any real need to study. The only reason I can stand doing programs is simply that I enjoy programming. It's always good when your hobby == your major.

A cry for help. Oh boy, I need a vacation.

Well I'm still in high school but all my classes are college level and have ap tests with them... AP classes need to BURN IN HELL.

Calcunizzle: Fo' shizzle. The final test is going to be a 5 hour monster spread out over 2 days. I'm so screwd in that class. I swear I got a 43. Definetely aced the freaking AP test so no Calc I or II in college though. I really only took this b/c a hot pom chick took this.

Physics: Easy... Yulp. Lab final of some kind hopefully or 125+ question test. Completeable in 2 hours. Going to rock. Extra points from the 6 Flags Over Texas Physics day could be added here according to ranking, but only if it appears that were better than the Japanese kids who wrote our text books. Physics so kicks ass.

AP English IV: Timed writing over something. Shouldn't be that bad. Still have a research paper (6 pages) out though. I'm dying in this class. Still have like 2-3 books to go and 6 regular and 6 in class essays to go. AP EGNLISH tuot me hoe to rrite ged. Seriously hope I nail the ap though.

World History: Pfft. History no prob. Spartans, Greeks, Cold War... Yes. Fun class. I know so much more than the teacher so I sometimes teach the class.

The rest of my classes sooo dont matter. I mean band were going to universal studios after school ends :D Florida BABY YEAH!! Micro Apps: pfft. Office Aide hmm the final in their is getting the office people lunch or else end of school filing or some crap.

I mean seriously I stay up till 3-6 o'clock most nights so I'm already burnt out for college and I haven't picked a major yet.

EDIT: I would have voted "Caffeine is my best friend" but it doesn't do anything for me. Might actually help me sleep.

claymore dont pick a major yet. college is about experimenting a little bit. find something you enjoy and dont worry about a major. most schools have a core curriculum and up to two years to pick a major. what school are you going to?

@Dragonslayer: I'm going to a regional university (ECU) 1st two years and then OU or OSU for my masters. All the Ivy league stuff was insanely expensive for books room and board. And I have a bunch of in-state scholarships so I'm staying in Oklahoma.

My finals preparations have kept me pretty busy lately and away from the computer. I can't wait till it's all over. Spring semester goes on forever it seems. Now I must decide whether to takes classes in the summer or just go full time again in the fall.

In the meantime, this blasted weather!

Yay, no finals for me! No finals for me! Whoopee!

Oh wait, my flight instructor has finals, so gotta wish him luck.

Then again, I may have some written flight tests coming up... but not so soon.

cool claymore. yeah ivy's are insanely expensive. take the money and run. finals are not. mine arent for like three weeks but ive got 45 pages of papers to write in the meantime.

I've got three finals in a couple weeks. Formal Languages will be fun, with all its Turing Machine goodness. Intro to Software Engineering (the only graduate-level class with "Intro" tacked onto it that I know of) will be rough, but do-able. The only final that needs to burn is Data Communication Networks. I'm enjoying the class, but the grading scale is fierce, and a mediocre grade on the final will mean having to retake the class...

Back