Fiction Project

I'd like to set up a discussion group (Yahoo-group perhaps?) for the conceptualization of a scifi-mod.

I plan to ideally use an already extant game engine and implement fan-designed ships for a new scifi-series.

The issues that come up first is making the game as realistic as possible, while at the same time, making the game playable and enjoyable to scifi-fans, and second, making a plot that makes the story worth listening to.

The plot I can do mostly myself (assistance would be appreciated), the realism I need assistance with for coming up with ideas. Like, should the ships have wormhole-drive? "Warp-drive" "Instantaneous Jump Drive", "Transwarp" or some kind of drive?

Helping come up with ship designs that are realistic, yet aesthetically pleasing would be helpful. I can conceive some ideas myself, but I would like reasonable help.

That's all I have regarding this topic.

Big-E
CVN-65

Are you going to base it in an existing science fiction universe, such as Wing Commander, or create an entirely new universe with new races?

I believe he will make a new one. He said fan made ships, witch would suggest a entire new universe. Could be really intresting...

@ Big-E: Go ahead and set up your group. People from over here will look into it, but don't be bothered if you get more than you've bargained for.
Most of the people here have a long tradition in space simulations (and all neighboring arts & sciences), so you can get some very valuable input here as well as a very quick knock over the head if there are some hackneyed ideas in your concepts (*speaking from past experience*).

criticalmass said:
@ Big-E: Go ahead and set up your group. People from over here will look into it, but don't be bothered if you get more than you've bargained for.
Most of the people here have a long tradition in space simulations (and all neighboring arts & sciences), so you can get some very valuable input here as well as a very quick knock over the head if there are some hackneyed ideas in your concepts (*speaking from past experience*).

Group is created

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/sciencefictionconceptgroup/

mailto:sciencefictionconceptgroup@yahoogroups.com

Back