Features that would have enhanced the WC games

Major_Chill

Spaceman
There's one thing as a WC fan, I can certainly admit to, the WC games were not PERFECT. By that I mean that there were a number of features that could have been included to enhance the integrity of the whole series. One example which I've been thinking about recently would incude a save game at the end of each WC, that would in effect have different outcomes on the plot & missions due to past achievements. For example in WC3 if you choose to go out with Flint instead of Rachael, in WC4 you may have had Flint living with Blair on the farm. I'd like to hear comments on my example, and other features that you would have liked to have seen. :cool:

I'd rather have multiplayer but you putting it that way it would be interesting, but it would also cost more to pay for another actor :p

btw flint died

RATM yes she did in the book but for most people she didn't really since 99% have not read the books so do not blame them if they do not know this fact

I personally do not see why all you people want multiplayer, multiplayer goes against what makes WC great. WC is great because it is story combined with action in a good balance, multiplayer would ONLY be action and nothing more so it would suck.

sorry personal rant

Originally posted by Napoleon
RATM yes she did in the book but for most people she didn't really since 99% have not read the books so do not blame them if they do not know this fact

I personally do not see why all you people want multiplayer, multiplayer goes against what makes WC great. WC is great because it is story combined with action in a good balance, multiplayer would ONLY be action and nothing more so it would suck.

sorry personal rant

to own people? :D

Multiplayer isn't against what makes WC great. It would only enhance it. I personally would like to fly against a real person instead of dumb computer. It would also be cool to have the option to play through the game with other ppl.

Originally posted by Hoops
Multiplayer isn't against what makes WC great. It would only enhance it. I personally would like to fly against a real person instead of dumb computer. It would also be cool to have the option to play through the game with other ppl.
my sentiments exactly

WC doesn't need to add a bunch of wacky features. It was already great.

And I wholeheartedly agree with Napoleon about multiplayer. If you want to interact with others, go outside. ;)

Who knows? If the developers focused on the MP component of the game, the story and AI and other single-player only aspects might suffer... and most games tend to focus on MP nowadays.

--Eder

My Thoughts on MP

If Wing Commander goes multiplayer, it should remain outside the regular continuity (like Armada) and be a stand-alone, strictly multiplayer Wing Commander game. This way here, the normal continuity won't suffer but you'll have access to the universe and vessels that made Wing Commander awesome (as well as those subtle referrences and the such).

Personally, though, I would love to see a multiplayer WC game. Show the world how unstoppable I am in the cockpit... of a HELLCAT V!

YEAH :cool:

When you get in that hellcat V, you had better make sure there's an ejection pod, 'caus I'll be comin' out in my rapier to blow ya to kingdom come. Kaboom.:D

Bye-bye real-life maniac.:D

Personally, I've always wanted to see a feature which would save your settings in your ship. Kind of like the CTRL+number feature in Starcraft.

I always have to configure my ships to my specs in missions. It's annoying to have to configure all the ships all the time. While I do have the choice just to fly as is, I'd also like the choice to just press a key and have my shields, weapons, damcon and engines immediately set to what I want them to be.

That might come in handy. You know what I've always wanted to do? Land my ship myself. And I mean: really land her myself. You know: full directional thruster control, spin her into a parking spot. Could be a real trick if you're in a hurry.

Originally posted by Talyn 83
When you get in that hellcat V, you had better make sure there's an ejection pod, 'caus I'll be comin' out in my rapier to blow ya to kingdom come. Kaboom.:D

Bye-bye real-life maniac.:D

Oh yeah? When I see you in your "Rapier," I'll just exit the game, then re-enter with an EPEE and blow you away! HA! Add insult to injury!

Nobody can stop the Maniac! Nobody!!

:cool:

heh, do I need to point out some of us have played wing commander multiplayer style :cool: . Anyways the wing commander games are fine as they are. The only feature more wing commander games should have, is the abilty to actually run on my computer ;) .

Originally posted by Ghost
C´mon, Don´t you want to play against people?
Í want to kick some kilrathi pah (Mekt) :p

You know what? As soon as I visit Argentina or you visit Germany we'll set up our computers and play Armada. The we will see whose ass is gonna get kicked. :)

BTW, I am not too eager for a WC multiplayer, since IMO multi player Space sims are rather brong. MOst of the time you circle your enemy and circle and circle and circle. Of course if there are enough it gets more interesting but personally I have serious problems getting many people play space sims.

Hey what´s wrong!!
Why nobody want a Multiplayer WC, maybe something ala Starlancer, nobody want´s to play WC in co-op mode?

Back