Favorite Wing Commander Movie Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
TC wrote

That's really not satire... and unlike any of the examples you listed above, future Wing Commander products, if any are made, will take the movie as part of the timeline as they have absolutely every other officially licensed product...

Um what position are you in exactly to make this statement? Whether they take it as part of the canon or not is surely a decision the producers will make when and if it comes up. Maybe if a new product does happen then I shall acknowledge it but for the moment, since none of the games choose to acnowledge it, I am yet to acknowledge it. In fact, the movie doesn't even acknowledge the continuity of the games (apart from borrowing ideas from all of them), ergo hardcore wing commander fans are turned into apologists like it's a religious document.

LOAF wrote

No, we listed the same cuts in the same order (I started with the explosion in Knight's cockpit).

Cut #1: Knight's cockpit. ("Stabilizers gone! Shields offline! *yell*"). The explosion starts.
Cut #2: External shot of Knight's fighter starting to explode.
Cut #3: Paladin's cockpit.
Cut #4: External shot of Knight's completely destroyed.

The point, though, was that he *survives* the initial explosion (in Cut #1) and could easily have ejected in Cut #3.QUOTE]

Okay all good. Only thing though, Angel's ejection pod takes much longer to clear the field of view from her fighter (in a much more zoomed out environment) than it the cut of Paladin in his cockpit. So while I agree that it is *possible* (certainly not easily possible) that he could have ejected simply because it's the only way of explaining away the inconsistency of his death in the movie, I believe it is highly unlikely. But we're entitled to our opinions, which is why I kind of tired of this in the first place. Credit to Quarto (sorry if you don't want to be complimented by on of the "loud-mouths who end up being banned for not learning tact and/or reason?") for actually humouring me, at least, with seeing it from my point of view and helping me understand, and not treating me with contempt because I dare question the natural order of things.

I'll never accept the movie as continuity. It's not part of the same story in my mind, that's just how I am, and I think I'm entitled to my view, and none of you have any right to tell me I'm wrong. I got irate at people saying 'you're wrong because LOAF says otherwise' before they explained how you'd (personally, as a group) been through this before 'countless times' and that's fair. From where I was standing, it just seemed like the whole discussion was sided by the LOAF fanclub, because it wasn't explained properly.

So anyway, that's me trying to make my peace and saying sorry for dragging it on or whatever.

Just 2 questions to finish on

1. How does the book describe the destruction of Knight's broadsword? Someone said they'd get back to me on it and they haven't.
2. Are there any Chris Roberts quotes that says 'i've set this movie before the events of wing commander 1' or something like that? Like, 'this is a prequel to the games.'

Silly Aries, there is no god.

Originally posted by Dougie
Only thing though, Angel's ejection pod takes much longer to clear the field of view from her fighter (in a much more zoomed out environment) than it the cut of Paladin in his cockpit.

As someone pointed out earlier, Angel and Knight were in different types of fighters. Different types of fighters can have different ejection systems.

I'll never accept the movie as continuity. It's not part of the same story in my mind, that's just how I am, and I think I'm entitled to my view, and none of you have any right to tell me I'm wrong.

Does this mean that if I choose to believe that the sky is yellow, nobody has the right to tell me I'm wrong?

I got irate at people saying 'you're wrong because LOAF says otherwise' before they explained how you'd (personally, as a group) been through this before 'countless times' and that's fair. From where I was standing, it just seemed like the whole discussion was sided by the LOAF fanclub, because it wasn't explained properly.

All of your questions appear to have been adequately answered.

2. Are there any Chris Roberts quotes that says 'i've set this movie before the events of wing commander 1' or something like that? Like, 'this is a prequel to the games.'

I would assume that the date given in the movie would determine when it takes place.

NOOOOO!!!!! you had to bring up that again even when he said he was guessing and agreed to stop. why?! why?! in light of this fact, i retract my earlier statement (with the exception of me because Aries is the God of War :D)

Why argue about religion now?:confused: (in real life its the reason historically most wars were started.) (That statement is just gonna piss alot of people off Wildweasel. not me though even though I'm religious I don't let that stuff bother me. but more religious folk it will.)

i think he ment that there was no god because he was going to continue the ejection discusion.

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
That statement is just gonna piss alot of people off Wildweasel.

Thats because the Weasel is correct! Pheer Da Weasel!

"I come and see contriversal people yet I am not phased by there outlandish and bashing comments ways as I know the one person to listen to in the end is myself" I am making this my new motto.

I can't bleeping spell and I know it. I can it just takes me awhile to do it and when you quit school and get a job that doesn't incorporate it all the time (I've been out three years this past oct.) it starts to slip. I have a college reading level so I definently can read it and reconise (the last word is misspelled for instance and its to much work to get a dictionary out to check my spelling) that it was misspelled or that someone else has spelled or misspelled something. anyway this ain't school, work, or college so why do I have to spell something Right. I will give you the fact that my sentence structure sucks and I'm doing online Ged at this moment so I'm working on it. But in all honesty this is a freaking message board and I'm not being graded. (also typos also play a part as well. the laptop keyboard is smaller than normal keyboards so thats a factor too.) but does it really matter if I spelled Controversial correctly Tanaka.

Okay okay, I just didn't know what you meant when you said what you said, and thought that you were saying controversial, so I brought it up is all.

Didn't mean to make it sound like I was mad at you dude so I apologize. Someone Dissed my pres. (i'm very much a Patriot) on another thread on the Chatzone and got me worked up so I have responded a little harsh to people in my last few posts. (look at "favorite real life quotes" if your wondering what lit a fire under me)

its good to see you spelled spelled wrong when asking if contriversal was spelled controversial :D

just kiddin :)

Actually, according to Dictionary.com, "Spelt" is a derivation of "spell" meaning
v. spelled, or spelt
1. To name or write in order the letters constituting (a word or part of a word).

So, he was right. Spelt can be correct.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
YOu always make stupid comments.

I've been waiting for a reason to show off my new picture...

MySTFU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back