Favorite Wing Commander Movie Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have liked to more Confed and Kilrarthi Fighters rather than just the Rapiers and Drathis

Originally posted by TopGun
I would have liked to more Confed and Kilrarthi Fighters rather than just the Rapiers and Drathis

The Broadsword was in there, though only for a couple of scenes when they went to destroy the concom and the Tiger's Claw got ambushed.

Originally posted by LeHah
I can't find my copy of the book, but they're in there.

Maybe you are talking about the fighters, the Krant and the Salthi, because the CapShips are all in the movie (Con-Comm,Sankeir,Sivar,Fralthi and Ralari

Originally posted by Aries
Which one was the Sivar. I don't remember that one being in the movie.

That was the one in Secret Missions. You remember the one, with the weapon that made nukes look as threatening as water pistols. (Sure, somewhat threatening to the Kilrathi, perhaps, but that's beside the point).

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
That was the one in Secret Missions. You remember the one, with the weapon that made nukes look as threatening as water pistols. (Sure, somewhat threatening to the Kilrathi, perhaps, but that's beside the point).

I meant the Sivar in the movie.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
About the only other character is Hunter, who, incidently, also acts very out of chartacter in my view.

I think the pilot refered to as 'Hunter' in the movie has the last name Hunter. I think he was introduced that way as Lt. Hunter or something. Therefore not Capt. St. John(sp?).
speaking of death, what's up with Knight. The movie is supposed to take place before the game, so how does Knight die in the movie and return in the game. I thought cats were the only ones that had nine lives.
I also think that Knight was never refered to as anything but Knight, not Capt. Kumala(sp? been a while since I read Claw marks). Callsigns can overlap, that's one of the reasons individual mission callsigns are usually given (see WC3 Novel). Like if your leading alpha flight, your alpha leader, alpha 1, or alpha 6 (or however big the flight is) while in flight.

If I'm wrong on either of these, I'm sure I'll hear about it in a few posts :)

C-ya

Yeah, the movie did just refer to them as Mr. Hunter and Mr. Knight. However, since in the games the pilots are just refered to by their callsigns I think that the movie makers were just trying not to confuse those who know about the games but are not die-hard WC fans (though how you could play the game and not be a fan is beyond me).

The closing credits?

(That wasn't mindless, I had to think about it for hours.):confused:

Originally posted by Viper61
I think the pilot refered to as 'Hunter' in the movie has the last name Hunter. I think he was introduced that way as Lt. Hunter or something. Therefore not Capt. St. John(sp?).

He's definately the same Hunter.

I also think that Knight was never refered to as anything but Knight, not Capt. Kumala(sp? been a while since I read Claw marks). Callsigns can overlap, that's one of the reasons individual mission callsigns are usually given (see WC3 Novel). Like if your leading alpha flight, your alpha leader, alpha 1, or alpha 6 (or however big the flight is) while in flight.

If I'm wrong on either of these, I'm sure I'll hear about it in a few posts :)

It's also definately the same Knight!

Originally posted by TC
He's definately the same Hunter.
It's also definately the same Knight!

How do you know for sure? How can it be Hunter if he is referred to as Lt. Hunter or whatever, implying that Hunter is his last name, not St. John. Kindof the same argument for Knight, I was just looking for a loophole that pulls as many of the WC1 regs out of the WCM environment. I would have to say that if he is refered to in this way, it's not Hunter, but it could be Knight.

C-ya

How do you know for sure? How can it be Hunter if he is referred to as Lt. Hunter or whatever, implying that Hunter is his last name, not St. John. Kindof the same argument for Knight, I was just looking for a loophole that pulls as many of the WC1 regs out of the WCM environment. I would have to say that if he is refered to in this way, it's not Hunter, but it could be Knight.

C-ya

I think it's meant to be Captain Ian 'Hunter' St John, because he's Australian. Maniac points out as much, and I think Roseland and others, maybe himself, point it out too. Will see to look at the script at Wedge's web site.

Capt. Kumala(sp? been a while since I read Claw marks)
Captain Joseph Khumalo.

Originally posted by Aries
However, since in the games the pilots are just refered to by their callsigns...
Actually, there are plenty of times where pilots speak to each other using their names.

Also many people seem out of character in the movie compared to the game. I just took it as it was.

You can kick your heels and scream to your heart's content, but it boils down to one theory I've had all along...
You ready for it?
Here it is...
They REALLY screwed up on the movie plot!

I don't know about you fellas, but that sums it up for me.

Well, what you just said can apply to you. We've had endless debates on whether this or that was a good idea in the movie. Let everyone have his or her own opinion on it and let it be.

C-ya

Why would you pull them out of the movie? That's rather stupid... Their names are both in the novel and in the Confed Handbook... and quite possibly in the movie itself.

Originally posted by Manic
You can kick your heels and scream to your heart's content, but it boils down to one theory I've had all along...
You ready for it?
Here it is...
They REALLY screwed up on the movie plot!

I don't know about you fellas, but that sums it up for me.

If you ask me, I'd agree with you that the movie was FUBAR. The characters looked the way they did in Super Wing Commander, in fact nothing looks the way it did in the games, and the story and script is full of continuity errors. They fly Rapiers, don't they? The game takes place after the events of the movie, and Angel ends up test flying Rapiers sometime around the middle of the game. But hey, things like this happen all the time. There are continuity holes in The X Files. There's the same gaping holes in one of the things that ranks right behind God to me as well, Resident Evil. So I don't know about not talking about them at length, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back