• Shrike

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Devastator

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please not that these selections are available with the both the Standard and Black Ops version. So if you vote for the Shrike you'll be voting for both its original and updated version.

I definitely like the Panther (and its upgrade, the Black Panther). It is powerful enough to take on any Nephilim fighters, without being so powerful that destroying them becomes trivial (as happened so often with the Excalibur in WC3--all you had to do was face a target and fire to kill it).

I don't like how the CMD and Stormfire cannons were taken away in SOP--having the Pirhana and Tigershark have only 3 and 4 ion guns respectively made them seem generic (although you don't actually fly either of them in SOP AFAIK), plus I loved diverting all power into engines and shields when I flew the Shrike and Devastator and using the Stormfire to shoot down targets in WCP.

Definately the vampire, hands down. That thing rox. I have gotten out of so many hard situations with it. Such a good ship.

the pirhana was the best dog fighter hands down, fantastically fast and it had a stormfire... Vampire is a close second, Im i alone in hating the panther in WCP: SO? it sucked ass those new weapons where crap, cloudburst was close to useless...

I found the Piranha has very little in firepower, its next to hopeless against fighters heavier than a Manta, even against Mantas I don't find it too useful. It was never designed to be a dogfighter, it's a scout ship.

Since the Panther is used so often in SO, you need to get used to it quickly. Let the gun pool charge between shots, then the cloudburst can join with your chain ions. In fact, the cloudburst is superior to the old tachyons, having the same refire rate, but nearly twice (okay, maybe one and a half times) the damage potential, IIRC.

I think the Panther was one of the best fighters in P/SO. That thing had the agility, the firepower, and the payload. Not to mention that it could stick with all the Neph ships! (To be honest, it's one of my favorite WC ships period!)

Got to go the with the Wasp (especially the black version), I'd fly carrier defense missions all the time if I could...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back