Favorite WC4 Fighter

Which is your favorite fighter from WC4?

• Arrow

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Hellcat V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thunderbolt VII

• Longbow

• Bearcat

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Excalibur

• Banshee

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Vindicator

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Avenger

• Dragon

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... here's the second part of my project. Like the other polls you'll all have 2 weeks exactly to vote on this poll. The winner of each poll will be placed in the final one. Then we will decide... amongst this group.... which is the best fighter in the WC universe.

I don't see the point of including ships you can't fly, such as the Arrow or the T-bolt, but I voted Vindicator to be original... <g>
Besides, I like that fighter and its design a lot! :)

You do know that these polls have been done with the entire viewership of the CIC... and then a final poll compiled from the winners, right? The Dragon won overall with 32.55% of the votes.

TC

Bearcat

I'm going with the Bearcat. An excellent fighter. I had more fun flying it than the Lance. Whilst the Lance was, without doubt, the greatest flying machine ever put into space, it didn't merit my attention for long. CRAP!

The Bearcat is small, agile, fast and has my favorite cannon of all- Tachyon :D

I didn't like the spacing of the cannons... but it didn't bother me too much. It was actually quite effective against capships....

Also, I think the reason I dig the Bearcat so much is because it, in my eyes, makes the perfect replacement for my favorite-of-all-time Hellcat V (with the Tigershark coming after Bearcat).

YAY favorite shipz :D

Re: Bearcat

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Also, I think the reason I dig the Bearcat so much is because it, in my eyes, makes the perfect replacement for my favorite-of-all-time Hellcat V (with the Tigershark coming after Bearcat).

Hellcat V: How dare you consider getting me replaced, you ungrateful bum?! After the many times I saved your scrawny butt?!

My vote gose for the Bearcat, its gotta be the best dogfighter ever built, if it wasn't for the darn gun spacing it would be perfect.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You said "bum!!"

HAHAHA :D

Sadly, every good thing must come to an end :(

I loved the F-4s... but, alas, they had to be cycled out. Passing the torch is so hard to do....

Mmm Mmm Banshee.

Since I couldn't fly an Arrow all game, I had to pick something else small and fast. And with a few guns on it. ;)

I'd say "Bearcats r0x0r2 j00, b307ch", but that's getting old, so I'll just... oh, what the hell.

Bearcats r0x0r2 j00, b307ch.

I gotta go with the Vindicator. It is the UBW counterpart of my favorite Thunderbolt VII, with similar capabilities all round. Let's look at the numbers:

Speed: Vindicator has 20kps faster cruising speed, but Tbolt has 50kps faster afterburner speed
Maneuverability: Equal at 50/50/50dps
Shields: Equal at 250cm
Armor: Vindicator has 30cm more armor fore and aft, and 50cm more armor port and starboard
Missiles: Both have six missiles, and the Vindicator has three torps to the Tbolt's one
Guns: Tbolt's 4 Plasma/2 Photon (WC4) or 2 Plasma/2 Photon/2 Meson (WC3) beats Vindicator's 2 Tachyon/2 Laser, but Vindicator has Leech Cannons, which can disable even a carrier with only a few hits, plus the Stormfire Mark I cannon hits hard if you can aim it properly.

All in all, I think that the Vindicator's heavier armor, two extra torps, and leech cannons make up for its lighter main guns, making the Vindicator comparable to the Tbolt. I also think it is quite a bit better than flying the slow-as-a-brick Avenger, which has about the same speed and turn rate as a Longbow, but only half the missiles.

Banshee is the best light fighter it has great firepower which doesn't eat up gun power that quickly. It had enough missles to do the job and it had good speed and good turning. It got you through all the missions without capships easly until the barcat comes along.

I like the Bearcat, it looked like what it was, graceful and elegant, but with tremendous firepower to back it up, (although the gun placing was a bit crappy, it was something to do with the engines that meant the guns were mounted on pods on the wingtips wasn't it :confused: ) the thin profile, high speed and manoeuverability made it hard to hit too.

Obviously the Dragon, but like I said in the WC3 one, excluding Super-fighters, I'd go with the Banshee. That was a fighter I could take down some enemies in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back