• The Price of Freedom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • False Colors

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Action Stations

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Wing Commander (Movie Novelization)

• Wing Commander (Movie Junior Novelization)

• Pilgrim Stars

• Total voters
Whats Your favorite WC Book?
I'm just getting into false colors at this moment. I must say Will Forstchen Is the best WC book Author

Cool sidenote: I live a block from a Baen Books Publishing Office or Factory don't recall which.

You're missing Action Stations from the list. And the movie novelization and Pilgrim Stars, both by Peter Telep.

Fleet Action is my favorite cause it deals with the one battle I wish were part of one of the games--the Battle for Earth.

oops sorry. I couldn't remember all there names plus I never read that one. I pulled out the price of freedom book and got the names from that, I also just bought False Colors otherwise I wouldn't of included that cause I wouldn't have knew about that one either. Hey if one of the moderators could add Action Stations and the movie adaptation that you mention in then that would be great. :D

Starky if you started the other poll sorry I didn't know that there was one up already as it only shows the newest Threads and it isn't listed. So if the moderators want to kill mine since I don't have all the books listed like that one does go for it. :D

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
Hey if one of the moderators could add Action Stations and the movie adaptation that you mention in then that would be great. :D

Done. Also added the Jr. Novelization.

I really like False Colors right now even though I'm in the middle of reading it. I like how they go into whats happening on the cats side of things.

now 5 questions?

1. Wouldn't False Colors be considered a semi sequel to Fleet Action cause of all the talk of the Battle of Earth everone wishes they could have played in a game?

2. Was Sparks the Cheif Mechanic on the Concordia and if so why doesn't forstchen mention that when he talks about her tours of duty in False Colors?

3. Was Jason "Bear" Bondarevsky ever on the Concordia or is he one of Forstchen's additions to the Universe? I know I have seen the callsign on one of the killboards in the games. (I know that the Concordia didn't have a killboard like the other games in the series so I know I don't recall it from that one)

4. If Bear was from the series and not just Forstchen's creation did he fly with Blair at all?

5. wouldn't it be cool to play from the cats point of view in one game against the humans? (not like in privateer where you play as a badguy in being a pirate or carrying contraband but actually playing a full campaign from the opposing side) (I heard that Armada did something similar to this in the multiplayer but I mean a full blown game with you as the badguys in this universe. It could let us get into the cats reasoning as to why they hate us so much.)

I really like False Colors right now even though I'm in the middle of reading it. I like how they go into whats happening on the cats side of things.

now 5 questions?

1. Wouldn't False Colors be considered a semi sequel to Fleet Action cause of all the talk of the Battle of Earth everone wishes they could have played in a game?

Not any less or more than any of the other books are sequals. Overall, it's the same groups of characters being followed through them all, with various hero's paths crossing at various times.

2. Was Sparks the Cheif Mechanic on the Concordia and if so why doesn't forstchen mention that when he talks about her tours of duty in False Colors?

Sparks was indeed a CPO on the Concordia...

3. Was Jason "Bear" Bondarevsky ever on the Concordia or is he one of Forstchen's additions to the Universe? I know I have seen the callsign on one of the killboards in the games. (I know that the Concordia didn't have a killboard like the other games in the series so I know I don't recall it from that one)

Bear was involved in the Gettysburg mutiny that took place during SO1. Blair encounters him for the first time when he goes to meet with the mutineers.

bear1.jpg

4. If Bear was from the series and not just Forstchen's creation did he fly with Blair at all?

They flew a few missions together during SO1.

5. wouldn't it be cool to play from the cats point of view in one game against the humans? (not like in privateer where you play as a badguy in being a pirate or carrying contraband but actually playing a full campaign from the opposing side) (I heard that Armada did something similar to this in the multiplayer but I mean a full blown game with you as the badguys in this universe. It could let us get into the cats reasoning as to why they hate us so much.)

Armada single player!

1. No. Actually, it was intended to be the first of a new trilogy of Wing Commander novels, I believe. Unfortunately, one of its authors, Andrew Keith, passed away before the other books could be completed.

2. I don't know. Ask him.

3. Bear was first encountered in Special Operations 1.

4. Blair and Bear flew together in Special Operations 1.

5. Yes, that would be cool. In fact, I've been hoping for such a game to surface for many years. Armada is the closest thing I have to that dream, though.

6. Damn you and your quick responses, TC.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
1. No. Actually, it was intended to be the first of a new trilogy of Wing Commander novels, I believe. Unfortunately, one of its authors, Andrew Keith, passed away before the other books could be completed.

2. I don't know. Ask him.

Well my next question then is:
Are they still planning any future books for the wc series (i read somewhere in a interview that he wanted to continue on doing them after he wrote False Colors) or is it a dead subject like the games?
(damn shame about Andrew Keith. When Keith and Forstchen did a book together they were a damn good team.)

2. I don't think he posts here even though I hear he's a really big fan of the series (I guess you have to if your gonna stick to the rules of the game series and not take to much creative license with it. Unlike the movie which in some areas in my opinion change history completely.)

Sucks alot of the books are out of print.

Well my next question then is:
Are they still planning any future books for the wc series (i read somewhere in a interview that he wanted to continue on doing them after he wrote False Colors) or is a dead subject like the games?
(damn shame about Andrew Keith. When Keith and Forstchen did a book together they were a damn good team.)

Pilgrim Truth is still out there... unpublished... and will, hopefully, see the light of day. Other than that, there's nothing in the works.

2. I don't think he posts here even though I hear he's a really big fan of the series (I guess you have to if your gonna stick to the rules of the game series and not take to much creative license with it. Unlike the movie which in some areas in my opinion change history completely.)

Because Chris Roberts... doesn't like Wing Commander?

Because Chris Roberts... doesn't like Wing Commander?

not exactly what I meant but people have voiced out that he changed the rules abit. Like I hate the fact that the Cats look hairless in the movie when in wc3 you can clearly see they have fur and alot of it. So it left alot of pissed off people and its still getting debated on this forum today.

Now if your insuating that C. Roberts hates it well thats a different story.:cool:

not exactly what I meant but people have voiced out that he changed the rules abit. Like I hate the fact that the Cats look hairless in the movie when in wc3 you can clearly see they have fur and alot of it. So it left alot of pissed off people and its still getting debated on this forum today.

That's not really changing the rules though... Kilrathi changed appearance greatly over the games...

Originally posted by TC
That's not really changing the rules though... Kilrathi changed appearance greatly over the games...

Heres another one but I'm not sure if I'm correct on it. I don't recall the pilgrims even being mentioned in the story Until the movie.
I don't want to try to get into a battle over it but there were some inconsistancies with it cause it seemed he wanted to reinvent some parts of it. I don't have the Examples directly in my head so I have to watch the movie again but I know there are some and it left alot of pissed off wc fans. I liked the movie when I saw it and I still do. I just think if chris wanted to change things he shouldn't do it with a prequel but rather with a sequel.

Heres another one but I'm not sure if I'm correct on it. I don't recall the pilgrims even being mentioned in the story Until the movie.
I don't want to try to get into a battle over it but there were some inconsistancies with it cause it seemed he wanted to reinvent some parts of it. I don't have the Examples directly in my head so I have to watch the movie again but I know there are some and it left alot of pissed off wc fans. I liked the movie when I saw it and I still do. I just think if chris wanted to change things he shouldn't do it with a prequel but rather with a sequel.

Somewhat conveniently, all the pilgrims except for Blair and Paladin left at the end of Pilgrim Truth! We also don't see Jewish people mentioned, but they're probably around somewhere. The single time that anyone talks about religion after the movie is during the Christmas scene in False Colors.

Man you just gave me a spoiler on the book I'm reading. (though its minor) By then its probably a united religion of some sort so to not have fighting in between the people of the Confederation. We all know most wars are religously based even the kilarthi vs. Human wars we talk about on this forum are heavily motivated on religion look at sivar for instance. (the wars taking place now are holy wars) (not to belittle other religions peace would probably be achieved at this very moment if we had a united religion that pulled from them all)

Man you just gave me a spoiler on the book I'm reading. (though its minor) By then its probably a united religion of some sort so to not have fighting in between the people of the Confederation.

Nope... there are at least different factions of Christianity at the time... There's also, obviously, the Pilgrims until they leave.

We all know most wars are religously based even the kilarthi vs. Human wars we talk about on this forum are heavily motivated on religion look at sivar for instance. [/b]

Not really... Thrakhath, one of the major driving forces, didn't believe in the gods... the war was mostly motivated by the Kilrathi killing instincts and xenophobia.

(not to belittle other religions peace would probably be achieved at this very moment if we had a united religion that pulled from them all)

I doubt that highly.

Back