Favorite Kilrathi Ship . . .

Originally posted by phoenix_aod

I found em crappy designs the salthi more for the lack of an interesting design more than any real flaws in performance. The Shok'lar was just crappy to fly and quickly popped in combat

I found the Shok'lar to be the best Kilrathi fighter in Armada: Fast, really fast firing weapons and good missile loadout. And if you're shields were weakened, just cloak and recharge. Plus,with the cloak the Shok'lar was the only fighter I ever could use the HS with effectively in Aramda.

The Salthi, well it did die rater quickly if you hit it but it sure was fast and nimble!

actualy, i thought the shoklar was amazing, get on someones tail, hit the g key and ur into full guns, 3 more presses and ur cloaked again, i could kill at least 3 or 4 banshees with that tactic

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

The Salthi, well it did die rater quickly if you hit it but it sure was fast and nimble!
Yeah... on one side, two full gun shots from a Raptor and bye bye kitty, and on the other a small and agile target, not always easy to hit (damn you Bhurak!)...

Originally posted by phoenix_aod

so was the Darket but at least that had style

In relation to other fighters of the respective age I think the Darket is far more inferior than the Salthi.
The two lasers on the Salthi aren't much but enough for the shields in WC1. The Darket's two meson guns are just pathetic.
And the Salthi is by far the fastest and most nimble fighter in WC1, the Darket isn't in WC3.
Though that's my personal view, you have all the right to favour the Darket over the Salthi.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

In relation to other fighters of the respective age I think the Darket is far more inferior than the Salthi.
The two lasers on the Salthi aren't much but enough for the shields in WC1. The Darket's two meson guns are just pathetic.
And the Salthi is by far the fastest and most nimble fighter in WC1, the Darket isn't in WC3.
Though that's my personal view, you have all the right to favour the Darket over the Salthi.
I just thought it looked cooler than the salthi but I do think its more of a threat than you make it....not much of a threat by any means but never underestimate an enemy

The darket was very much so easier to kill than the salthi. You could blow up a darket in just a few shots before it could evade, but the salthi you actually had to try for.

i don't know, i found a group (4 or 5) of salthi were relatively easy to gun down, whereas a group of darkets i found harder, cause while i was chasing one down, the others would be attempting to blast the back off my ship making me pull evasive a lot of the time.

My least favorite Kilrathi Fighter was the Jalthi, those big bastards were downright deadly in head on combats (Let me explain, Wing Commander was my first space combat game, actually it was my first game period. I wasn't a fast learner at that time. ) I'd try to go head to head with little concern for damage (a bit like Maniac in that respect) and normally I'd blast the first Jalthi to pieces and then take on the rest in a damaged fighter. It wasn't a smart strategy. Then, once I got into my beloved Raptor (Still my favorite ship) I fashioned myself after the great Maj. "Iceman" Casey, and then I was gold!

Originally posted by Oggy
i don't know, i found a group (4 or 5) of salthi were relatively easy to gun down, whereas a group of darkets i found harder, cause while i was chasing one down, the others would be attempting to blast the back off my ship making me pull evasive a lot of the time.

I whole heartedly agree with you there. My biggest fear in all of WC3 was a pack of Darkets, especially if they numbered near 8 like they normally did. Any other craft never came at you with numbers like the Darket did. If you had 2 wings of Darkets on you, your wingman would take probably 2 of them leaving you with 6. It was usually a long battle (even in Bolts) of getting off a few shots, evading to keep form taking damage, getting a few shots in on a different target, etc. I usually used up most of my missles in battles with darkets, trying to decrease the ration just a bit.

Originally posted by Major Striker
My least favorite Kilrathi Fighter was the Jalthi, those big bastards were downright deadly in head on combats (Let me explain, Wing Commander was my first space combat game, actually it was my first game period. I wasn't a fast learner at that time. ) I'd try to go head to head with little concern for damage (a bit like Maniac in that respect) and normally I'd blast the first Jalthi to pieces and then take on the rest in a damaged fighter. It wasn't a smart strategy. Then, once I got into my beloved Raptor (Still my favorite ship) I fashioned myself after the great Maj. "Iceman" Casey, and then I was gold!

nah, jalthis are easy targets, just afterburn past them, swing round and tag them from behind, as an old friend :) once said
"they've got big bullseye exhaust pipes"

I would also have to agree that a large pack of darkets was a pretty nasty sight. They could just put out a great deal of firepower form many angles.

Back