Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Paul Mcgann

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christopher Eccleston

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I'm not sure either never seen the show or I like all the doctors equaly

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
I'm surprised that anyone here would vote for anyone other than Tom Baker! He was not only the most popular Doctor, he's the first face that springs to mind whenever anyone hears the name!

Eccleston probably comes in a close second though.

criticalmass said:
BTW - what kind of Doctor is he anyway?

It's just a pseudonym he uses. The original show was supposed to be an educational show about the various periods of Earth history. Because of that, there were two school teachers along for the ride, the Doctor's neice who needed to be verbally explained everything, and the all knowing "Doctor". This premise was quickly dropped when BBC realized that the audience was responding better to the Sci-Fi/Horror aspect of the series. Thus it became the action-oriented, couch-hiding show it is today. :)

IU wasn't sure about the eductional history, but from the show it is clear he has multiple doctorates the fact he is over 1000 years old gives him alot of time.

Tom Baker will be the favourite of them all I think.
He probably was the most recognisable doctor I think, but then I could be wrong

Meh, not seen Dr. Who enough to know. You should state the poll a little differently though as I didn't know right off you were wanting only Dr. Who characters. I'm with Chris...I prefer Leonard McCoy (Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor not a bellboy).

Dahan said:
Tom Baker will be the favourite of them all I think.
He probably was the most recognisable doctor I think, but then I could be wrong
He played the Doctor the longist so he thus he is the most recognised. I am not suprpised to see the reuslts of this poll as my top three Doctors the ones with the votes.

Yeah, without Peter Cushing - the only Doctor Who actor I know of because of other rolls he played - I don't like this ballot. Peter Cushing always gets my vote.

Back