Favorite Cobalt 60 track?

Dyret

Super Carrot!
We all hated the techno music in Prophecy/SO right, but I'm wondering, if you have to pick one, what is your favorite Cobalt 60 track? Mine is "Colony 328". It's one of the few i can actually listen to without going crazy.;)

I think you're crazy. The Prophecy/SO music was awesome, and Colony 328 is the best, with Quram and Galactic Hives coming in second and third respectively.

I think you're crazy if you think people are crazy because they have a different taste of music.

See, the problem is that that isn't what you said. From your original post: "We all hated the techno music in Prophecy/SO right". Fatcat is disagreeing with your claim that your opinion about the music is universal, which seems to be an alltogether relevant protest.

I didn't like the Cobalt 60 music at all, which is somewhat ironic as I've probably gone through more than most anyone in trying to find crazy variant CD releases of it.

I think it only 'fit SO' because it's the music they happened to put there -- they could have composed new orchestral music to which we would have been able to make the same claim (well, they probably couldn't have, given the budget, but you get the drift...). I think in our style of video game the music is generally the overpowering element in this respect -- anything feels appropriate.

Bandit LOAF said:
Fatcat is disagreeing with your claim that your opinion about the music is universal,

Yeah, sorry about that, I still don't think it makes me crazy, though.:)

ChrisReid said:
Yeah, the music fit Secret Ops really well.
I thought the exact opposite, actually (but that's just my opinion :)). I was used to techno being the sim music in WCP and orchestral music being used for the "real" campaign missions. Then along comes SO, where techno is used for the campaign missions... and while it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the game in the slightest, SO still ended up feeling a little too much like a big sim exercise to me.

My top 5 Cobalt 60 favorites:
1: Poor Poor Pam
2: Daylight Armed Robbery
3: Galactic Hives
4: Darwin Was Right
5: Prophecy

I realize the first two have nothing to do with WCP but that's my top 5 list over all of their work.
Getting of the Cobalt 60 track a little.:D
My Top 5 favorite tracks from the WCP soundtrack run like this:
1: Mercy from Paradise Lost
2: Darwin Was Right
3: Eifersucht from Rammstein
4: Headhunter from Eskimos & Egypt
5: The Vampire Strikes Back from Die Krupps

Back