Favorite ad.

Bhaktadil

Spaceman
I do not think that I have ever seen anything like this asked before, so, here goes.What is your favorite piece of promo material.It could be an ad in a magazine,a trailer,an in store display, or something similar.What ad(or equivalent),of which Wing game, got you salividating the most.My favourite ad was probably the Wing Commander Prophecy poster ad which featured all of the Confederation ships inside and some sayings on the out side.The words read "long ago the prophets of Kilrah foretold of the awakening of our darkest demons"...turn the page and it showed Nephilim ships heading to our galaxy with the words"that time is at hand.Except, the words were so written that you only could read them at certain angles.Actualy, all of Prophecies ads were great.I also liked the first trailer to Wing IV.It seemed very movie like.Wing III's trailer was also pretty amazing at the time I remember first seeing it at the PX(Post Exchange)and being wowed by it.So,what are your favourite ads,or other pieces of promotional material, which brought the anticipation level's the highest.

I also,on a side note,would like to congratulate the CIC's third birthday.Great work guys!

Mine is the poster ad for Prophecy. Its four pages long and when you first see it, the pages are folded so you only see a picture of space with the edges of Nepheliem ships encroaching on the sides. It had the prophecy words that was hard to see like Bhaktadil said. Then you opened it up with a full spread of the Midway coming at you with its fighters flying around it. On the sides were two columns giving descriptions of all the new Confederation Fighters and their roles.

I think my favorite ad is the video ad for Privateer 2. one on the Privateer cd (the cd rom classics edition.) After watching it I wanted to play Priv2 :)

I always thought the simple WC3 poster was just danm awesome. I tried to get one from the local software store a few years ago when they were getting rid of all the old posters, but sadly there weren't any when I went to get one (these were going for $2 each :)
... so as a result, for the past 3 years I've had a large X-Wing vs Tie Fighter promo poster on the back of my door.

You can get a WC3 poster (folded) in the WC3 Premiere Edition tin set... (or, if you reserved WC3 back in the day, you could get a *nice* full-sized rolled one...).

As a big fan of the classic WC1 cover-art, I guess I have to pick the original WC1 advertising as my favorite... although I'll readily admit that some of the Prophecy stuff is *beautiful* (especially the Nephilim ship paintings... we should really scan some of that to keep it preserved...).

Originally posted by -=\/\/olf=-
I think my favorite ad is the video ad for Privateer 2. one on the Privateer cd (the cd rom classics edition.) After watching it I wanted to play Priv2 :)
Same here! It really seems like a nice game (haven't played it yet... :p )

Oh wait, the Kilrathi Saga preview on the same Privater CD, is even better!

WHOA... a Hornet... in asteroids... executing a few rolls then turning into a... Sabre!!!
Another roll... and into an Excalibur!!! And blowing a Dralthi IV to pieces with a missile!

:cool:

Well, aside from those little things on the Classics CDROMs, I haven't seen much WC advertising.

I remember I was blown away by the WCM promo on TV, since that was the first thing I'd ever seen from the movie.

Back