Fave game???

Which is your fave wing commander game of all time?

• Wing Commander 1

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Wing Commander 2: The Vengence of the Kilrathi

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Wing Commander Privateer

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Wing Commander 3: The Heart of the Tiger

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Wing Commander 4: Price of Freedom

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Wing Commander Prophecy

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Wing Commander Secret Ops

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Didn't like any (EXTREMELY RARE!)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Avenger

Spaceman
hi, this poll is designed to find out which is your favourite wing commander game of all time, i want this to be made a big poll with loads of people voting to get everyone's opinion in.

And just to make it clear, WCIV is the best not just because of the fancy movies and hot dogs, it really have cool missions.

It's also one of the hardest games, considering how dangerous missiles are.

Ack!!!

Delance said:
And just to make it clear, WCIV is the best not just because of the fancy movies and hot dogs, it really have cool missions.

It's also one of the hardest games, considering how dangerous missiles are.

ACK!! but the game play was horrible.... 2 + 3 had much better game play.. So much in fact that the droped the WCIV and Privateer 2 sim engine all together in next one...

Child said:
ACK!! but the game play was horrible.... 2 + 3 had much better game play.. So much in fact that the droped the WCIV and Privateer 2 sim engine all together in next one...

Last time I checked, WC4 used the same exact engine (with a little tune-up) as WC3.

WC 1 was clearly the classic...it paved the way for all the others and I guess for me, carries that strong nostalgic sense...

WC2, cuz it was my first computer game and i played it just about all day everyday when I was younger

I liked all the games. But WC2 is what caught my attention first, so it gets my vote.

Child said:

The gameplay was the best of any game and what the hell is the rest you're rambling about?

WC IV had the most diverse and fun missions of them all: the recon mission on Tyr, the Orestes mission with the failing cloak, the Axius missions, the Ella Superbase missions, the blow up the Vesuvius mission, etc.

Tough call. WC3 gets the nod. Though I could vote for WC2 as well. WC2, in my mind, had the best ships (ok, so I like the Epee, sue me) and the best system for dealing with Fighter vs. Capship combat (an Arrow can't kill a carrier with only lasers). But WC3 really pushed the Interactive Storyline.

Honorable mention goes to Prophecy. It seemed to reconnect with the WC1 & 2 style. I got kind of sick of the galactic scope of Blair's accomplishments. I liked him much better when he was only a pilot, prior to the ending of Heart.

Back