Fatal error. Need help..

bubba5581

Spaceman
I get this fatal error whenever i try to start the game...

"Could Not determine what GL DLL to load"

I've got a system easly powerful enough to handle this game.

Win XP
512meg DDR pc2700
seagate ATA100 7200rpm 80gig hd.
Leadtek GF4ti4400 128meg DDR GFX card.
Gigabyte GA-7VRX mb
XP 1800+ cpu.

So, how can i fix this problem.. Thanks for any help u guys may have. :)

What graphics option did you select in UE?
Your graphics card cannot do GLIDE/3dfx.

Re: Re: Fatal error. Need help..

I know my gfx card can't do glide.. it's setup as D3d 32bit. and yes it's in the secret ops directory.

Maybe i should throw in my old voodoo2 card....

Search for all the Glide*.* in your machine and delete them. (probablly most of them are in C:\windows\system or system32)

I had the same problem, if you are not using a Glide card those files aren´t used, but because they exist, the program want to use them but your card doesn´t support them, it´s weird but is that how it works

I get the EXACT same error. Removing all the glide files on your system doesn`t do the trick. I`d really love to play this, so help would be much appreciated.

I remember getting this error once...
Ok try deleting all the gl_*.dll's (or was it the glide*.dlls? can't remember) except the CORRECT one from your secret ops directory. HCl is the most likely person to know which dll is glide, which is d3d and which is software, I'm afraid I don't know off hand, I can only suggest that you experiment.

I don't know why the others being there caused a problem but deleting them worked for me.

Well, I tryed everything from deleting the glide (not the ones in system directory) files too using a glide wrapper.. Nothing worked.. So i thought i'd try uninstalling SO and UE and reinstall them.. Seems to work now, very strange because that was the first thing i tryed.

So removing all Glide files from your system then reinstalling works?

I only deleted the files out from the game directory. NOT system directory. I then reinstalled both secret ops and unknown enemy and it worked fine.

You do need Secret Ops installed. In fact, the UE installation program should tell you that you need to install UE in the same directory as SO :).

Icemann, do you have version 1.0, or version 1.01? Version 1.0 was the one we originally released, and it didn't mention SO :p.

Back