Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Hurray, Farscape's over

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Don't watch Farscape

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

Aries

Vice Admiral
What did ya'll think about the last Farscape episode. it pissed me off. how the hell do you end a series like that? anyway, i think SciFi is shooting themselves in the foot by ending Farscape. thoughts?

That episode was filmed prior to Farscape's cancellation. The cliffhanger was written in anticipation of a fifth season, which was abruptly pulled out from under our feet by the SCI FI Channel.

I have no interest in Farscape, but just be thankful at least it ended at the end of the season as opposed to smack bang in the middle of it. I suppose at least some of story threads would have been resolved, right?

Originally posted by Wedge009
but just be thankful at least it ended at the end of the season as opposed to smack bang in the middle of it. I suppose at least some of story threads would have been resolved, right?

it felt like it was ended mid-season. it ended with "to be continued" everything was resolved, except it brought a whole new damn puzzle into the mix. damn the bastards who made the decision to cancel. damn them to the lowest reaches of hell

Originally posted by WildWeasel
That episode was filmed prior to Farscape's cancellation. The cliffhanger was written in anticipation of a fifth season, which was abruptly pulled out from under our feet by the SCI FI Channel.

There is a RUMOR that the show might find a new station to eather finish off the series or mabye start there 5th season they were hoping for. Scifi basicly cancled funding for it. So it might return in some form or another, most likely visually...I just hope not as a book..seems weird to me to pick up off a tv "to be continued" like that.

I just got into watching farscape recently so I didn't watch it, I'll eventually get to it in a few months :)

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61
I just got into watching farscape recently so I didn't watch it, I'll eventually get to it in a few months :)

C-ya

I also got into watching Farscape within the last year. However, I loved the ending, it was classic Farscape: Leaves you knowing less than you did when you started the episode. As to those who didn't like the series, why is that? It was an original idea unlike all the other generic sci-fi rip offs. Plus, it was a funny show with titles such as "We're So Screwed; Part 2". As to why Sci-Fi gave it the Ax, it was that or SG-1. I know it was a tough decision for the network since both shows are frontline series, but the production cost was skyroketing and viewers were few and in between. All in all, it was a good way to end the series.

PS--the press announcement that was released debunked the rumour that another channel has picked it up. Lets face it, Farscape is dead.

Back