FAQ seems to have disappeared...

Loko

Spaceman
I know I'm late on this, but i have only recentely discovered the wonderful world of Wing Commander mods. On the Unknown Enemy website when I click on the FAQ link it gives me an error message in German. I would like to know exactly how to convert Secret Ops into Unknown Enemy, and whether there are special steps i must take to do this. I didnt want to mess around with the application before knowing exactly what this will do to my computer. I would also like to know how to restore Secret Ops to it's original condition after i am through playing Unknown Enemy. Im assuming uninstalling and reinstalling would work, but im also wondering if its possible to have both Unknown enemy and Secret Ops on the same computer at the same time. Any help would be appreciated, i'm really itching to get at this game. It looks pretty damn cool.

you should be able to download UE and run the installer, just like Secret Ops (but you have to have SO installed first). UE doesn't replace anything, so you can still run SO with UE installed. Once UE is installed try running it. If you're using XP, you'll have to do compatability modes, probably. Change a few in-game settings, too. I got it to work perfectly on my machine. Just be ready for a horrible beating your first time through :)

There arent any special steps to take, all you do is download UE(75 megs), install it to the secret ops directory, and start UE. You can play Secret Ops while UE is on the computer so either game is playable. Since Secret Ops is still playable with UE installed, you really dont have 'to restore Secret Ops to it's original condition' but if you do then simply run the UE uninstall program and then UE is gone(which you hopefully wont do since UE is such an awesome game)! Hope this helps!

FAQ working again.
I had a hacker attack or an incompetent ISP about 1/2 year ago, wiping my website. Of course the ISP neiter had a backup nor did it have weblogs to see who was responsible (so I rather suspect it was him). Now while I have a backup of course the problem is that I didn't write down what had been on that server (I use multiples for load balancing/to gain more webspace). Looks like I overlooked that the UE FAQ was on the wiped account. So here it is again. THANKS FOR REPORTING

Back