Fan Covers WC2 & U6 In Familiar Mix (August 1, 2016)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Last edited by a moderator:
Was told about this thread, just wanted to pop by and say that once I finish the track, I'll provide a download link. I'm working on a lot of songs and keep going back to make improvements on the track that's in the video. Thanks for the positive feedback!

I'm really liking the new updates! Really pleasing tones... really takes me back.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris, appreciate the feedback. There's a bunch of new songs up now!

Also, thanks wcnut, I'll add that to my sound library and see what I can do with it. I ended up upgrading to Logic Pro X which has opened the floodgates for sound production. I have a ridiculous amount of flexibility which allowed me to make some synthesizer sounds I definitely could not generate in Garageband.

The project is starting to move faster now that I've gotten past the learning curve and have settled on specific sounds that I can use across different songs.

I put the finishing touches on a bunch of other songs, and I really like how these turned out.

*removed*

There's a bunch more too for Ultima VI.

Edit: After some feedback about the tempo being off, decided to let the Privateer songs bake a little longer and took the videos down. I'll repost them when I finish it all.

Last edited:
More updates. My favorites of the Privateer ones that I've uploaded so far:

...and the classic Scramble tune from Wing Commander 2 is ace.

So I finished the entire soundtrack, save for one song: the in-system jump music. It's not in the MIDI file packs and I tried searching through the depths of the internet.

Anyone out there have any ideas? I've completed 47 songs, it'd be a shame to be a single song shy of having a completed remaster. If someone has the means of extracting that particular audio from the game into a MIDI file, that'd be awesome.

With no solution for extracting the in-flight jump music, I'm going to move on. I could try to piece the music together by ear, but that's more work than I'd like to spend on a single track, and the lack of accuracy would always bug me anyways, heh.

That being said, this means I'm ready to publish the Wing Commander II remaster:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxITibmrfEGeVjdaOTEyeTllZFE/view

As an added bonus, for anyone who wants my remaster of Ultima VI's soundtrack as well:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxITibmrfEGeQ1lIZ3cwN2liVzQ/view

I never imagined I'd remaster two classic Origin games' soundtracks, but it's finally done. I hope you all enjoy it! I'm going to get back to working on Privateer, but that's going to take a bit longer.

Great work. The sound is so rich and full. What sound set do you use for the rendering of the midi files?

Back