Fan Commentary for Wing Commander Academy

Deshrill

Spaceman
Hey... My friend and I decided to record a somewhat mocking commentary for the third episode of Wing Commander: Academy. It's an MP3 and around 17 Megs in size.

Please listen to it and post comments... We worked hard on it! Well, we hardly worked on it-- it was a one take deal. Just start the mp3 right when the show starts-- it matches up fairly well. Be sure to mute the volume of the show when you are watching.

Fan Commentary for Wing Commander Academy Episode 3

First off, we watched the episode once just to enjoy it and kind of get an idea of what sort of smart-ass comments we would make. Then we opened up the Divx Player in Windows XP and paused at the beginning of the show. We adjusted the volume so it was sort of low then had a microphone plugged in the computer.

We opened up Sound Forge and started to record for a few seconds, then started up the Divx Player. Since the sound from the show was coming from our speakers, you can barely make out the show in the background. Then we edited the sound clip make it match up to the show.

Hope that made sense!

Ive made a commentary track once before - but my friend was the one who set up the technical stuff. I've always was curious about how to do it.

It's really not that hard, Edfilho. What is hard is making a commentary entertaining! 22 minutes is a lot longer than you think... There are way too many professional commentaries with long gaps of silence in them. :)

The best commentary track I've ever heard is attached to "The Limey". They stop and restart it three or four times - and the first thing out of Lem Dobb's mouth is "Goddamn those motherfuckers at Variety".

there are some comment tracks that teach you about making movies, other ones tell funny anedoctes about the filming and some make fun at everything. All of them are nice, but guess which kind I prefer.. :)

0780022181.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Well, the only connection between the movie and the country is the name and a song in the sound track...

Aw, I was trying to follow up... :)
this movie is nice, BTW, a bit oo close to 1984, but good anyway.

Back