Famous Flight Suit Now For Sale (February 9, 2011)

Pretty sure it was worn by Hamill (in his death scene, even?)--that's how the flight suits were labeled (mine was SPYDERs).

"To me, the thing that makes it most valuable is whether or not it was worn by Hamill..."

I guess we were just looking for different things; I remember Wing Commander IV as one of the greatest games, playwise and technology wise, of all times. When it released, it was a very big deal to me. It was my memory of Wing Commander IV that prompted me to bid on this auction.

In my opinion, Prophecy was a let-down in every respect - you didn't play as the hero you were from the last few games, Col. Blair seemed like a different character completely, the enemy seemed tacked on, the "film writers" had been replaced by television writers.... again, no offense to anybody, but it just wasn't what I personally was hoping for.

The fact that Mark Hamill wore the suit is still pretty cool, but that was far from the only reason I personally was interested. To me, the difference is like collecting his lightsaber from Star Wars vs. some crap he wore in Corvette Summer; sure they were both props for Mark Hamill, but one would mean a lot more to me :)

All the best!
- Kev

Well, here's another Wing Commander costume for you. :) It's a tunic with a Confed patch next to a picture of Tolwyn in Wing Commander 4 for comparison. http://cgi.ebay.com/WING-COMMANDER-...958?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf2bee3ee

Oh, but it's actually from Wing Commander Academy! :eek:

This is a fabulous SHIRT WORN IN THE TELEVISION SERIES 'WING COMMMANDER ACADEMY' (1996).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The shirt is done in a dark blue cotton with the TERRAN CONFEDERATION PATCH. It is in the condition it came off of the set in!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of us at Hollywood Movie Costumes feel very fortunate in being able to bring to auction this fine piece of Hollywood History. All of the items we are putting up for auction were used in the Movies, T.V. or Theater.

That... is a space shirt.

(Seriously, though, that's a WCP uniform. With the cool stuff removed.)

To someone like Mr. Oldziey, there probably wasn't a big difference between Wing Commander IV and Prophecy--same team doing the same work one after the other.

To me, the thing that makes it most valuable is whether or not it was worn by Hamill, and George clearly states that he's not absolutely sure of that. Whether it was possibly worn by Hamill in WC4 or WC5 seems an odd thing to get hung up over to me. :)

I agree, even though I also prefer WC4 over Prophecy, this was worn by Mark Hammil while portraying the same Col. Blair we all know and love, as he did in WC3, WC4, and WCP.

Also, looking at that "space shirt" auction makes me think... having Tolwyn's admiral dress blues from WC4 would easily be my ultimate wing commander clothing prop wet dream... :)

Great, a real shirt from Academy. Epic fail. Just for fun, I contacted the seller to point out that philosophical inconsistency of the material and the immaterial - let's see what happens.

Great, a real shirt from Academy. Epic fail. Just for fun, I contacted the seller to point out that philosophical inconsistency of the material and the immaterial - let's see what happens.

The only thing worse than finding a glaring error like that is someone using the term "epic fail".

The only thing worse than finding a glaring error like that is someone using the term "epic fail".

No, it is not.

BTT: I like the Lance-uniform of Tolwyn. But most of all, I would like to see a real-life rendition of the WC1 leather jacket.

This whole train of thought reminds me that I actually do own a jacket from the Academy tv show...

Attachments

• academyjacket2.jpg
    academyjacket2.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 133
  • academyjacket4.jpg
    academyjacket4.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 143
Niiiice jacket :)

I got the flightsuit, but I cant seem to figure out how to post pics on this forum. I cant use photobucket IMG codes, and i get some security token error when i try to use the attachment feature. Can anybody tell me how to go about it?

You can use [ IMG ] [/ IMG ] tags (without the spaces) if the files are sitting anywhere on the internet. It must be a browser issue if you are getting errors with the built-in attachments. You might need to go through your security options menus and check/uncheck anything that looks too restrictive.

LeHah: Thanks, I did my best to reply to you AND to contribute to the topic. It's great to see my performance honored by you. I am indeed flattered.

Chris: The jacket looks great. Is that part of a tie-in merchandise or is that a crew-jacket? (Or is that jacket self-made as well? It does look more professional than the eBay-Uniform ;))

Chris: The jacket looks great. Is that part of a tie-in merchandise or is that a crew-jacket? (Or is that jacket self-made as well? It does look more professional than the eBay-Uniform )

This was a crew jacket.

If you're still watching this item, the description has changed a bit.
And to LeHah: I agree. So it's just epic.

This is a fabulous SHIRT WORN IN THE CD-ROM COMPUTER GAME: 'WING COMMMANDER' . As a landmark computer game, "Wing Commander" has sold more than three million units since its debut in 1990. The game revolutionized the industry by using LIVE ACTORS including MARK HAMILL, TOM WILSON and MALCOLM McDOWELL , all who reprise their portrayals in the series and real sets rather than animated images, and is currently in its fourth incarnation with "Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom."
@Chris: Great jacket.

Hehe--the patches have said that since Wing Commander IV.. presumably so they didn't have to make separate ones for the Navy and Marine outfits. :)

Back