False Colors and Pilgrim Stars in German(y)?

Jochen

Rear Admiral
Does anyone know if False Colors and Pilgrim Stars have been translated to german or (if not) where is a good place in Germany to order the english ones?

They haven't been translated *yet*... if you can't wait, you can order the English versions through Amazon.de.

Do you think chances are good that they will be translated (soon)?
Were all other novels translated to german?
The last german novel I found was "Heart of the Tiger", but I didn't find a german translation of "The Price of Freedom":(, so I bought the english one.

Since Germany is generally a big fan of WC i think the chances are good, and i think they mentioned that all the other books, including The price of Freedom have been translated.

OK, thanks, I will wait then...

The Price of Freedom was a good "english training" because I knew the story, but reading an english book without knowing the story is a *challenge* that I just take if I have no other option...

Originally posted by Jochen

When I checked the link I found another german translation called "Wing Commander 07 - Die Bedrohung"
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3404232313/ref=sim_books/302-2730403-0036031
Do you know which novel's translation that is? Maybe False Colors?
Looks more like End Run... my German is VERY rsuty and I couldn't figure out what the two comments at the bottom of the page were saying...

LOAF, they speak of a Pearl Harbour adaptation in the WC universe... you probably know what that's referring to... :)

Well... it's pretty easy to tell, by checking who wrote it -- *just* Forstchen... so it either has to be Action Stations or Fleet Action.

Smart LOAF, very smart...

I did not think about looking at the author... :)
(but then again I do not know all the novels and authors by heart, now do I? :) -unlike others...)

Freedom Flight - Die Befreier
End Run - Der Hinterhalt
Fleet Action - Die Geheimflotte
Heart of the Tiger - Das Herz des Tigers
The Price of Freedom - Der Preis der Freiheit
Action Stations - Die Bedrohung
Movie Novel - Der Roman zum Film

... and now you know the rest of the story!

Back