Faction reputation

Paxan

Spaceman
Hi,
i'm still triing Privateer 1.0 since some days and i still have a problem. I dont get the reputation higher. For example i killed 5 pirates (all my kills) and i fall down t0 -100 for pirates (is okay) but the reputation for merchants is down to -12 too. So now i have the problem that all are hunting me :(

Is this a bug?

And i would like to know if there is a description of the savegames, maybe i could change the reputation there.

thanks for help
Paxan

In my experience, it's *extremely* easy to change your standing with the different faction. Much easier than in the original.

Killing pirates will *not* lower your standing with merchants, so you must have done something else that upset them. The immediate solution would seem quite simple: Kill a few pirates or retros.

Thats the problem, i haven't done something other. To test this out i started a new game.

Another question to that. I got a confed mission to protect a confed galaxy. After that militia and hunters hab -11 in my reputationlist. The mission was to kill 7 pirates and protect for ~150000c.

Are you shooting at pirate, retro, and Kilrathi bogies only, or blasting everything that gets too close?
It really helps to be target selective...

Back