Face Time With Your Heroes (January 26, 2009)

KrisV

Administrator
Today we have a contribution from Blitz. He ran mug shots from the first four Wing Commander games through a program called FaceGen to create 3D models of the characters' heads. The free version of the program includes only two kinds of hair, but some of these renders come pretty close to the real thing. You can grab the resulting 3D files here. Blitz also included a cool extra:

Here are a few faces, some of them are from the first game, some from the second, and some use the real actors from the WC3/4 and the movie. I've also included 2 "bonus" faces and I'll leave it up to you to figure out who they are.

--
Original update published on January 26, 2009

Last edited:
I made the last 2 scans from photos taken from that trip they made to archive the Origin data, I think I picked the best photos, but if your using real photos its best to have 3 profiles....not just one which is what I had to work with. over all except for Mark H. WC4 pic which the facial hair did some thing weird in the generation and John R Davis face from WC4 tho ok looks a little squeezed. I think they cam out ok.

Blitz

hippe

well if you like that I also tried to fix the hair a bit. check out theses 2.

If any one want's to buy the $299 full version I bet we could do even better.

Or if you know of any free prgs that do some like this.

Blitz

Attachments

• maniac3d.jpg
    maniac3d.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 34
  • bluehair3d.jpg
    bluehair3d.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 32
it was just a suggesting, to use for a mod. I mean if we have 300 members how hard would it be to donate $1...But I also said if any one can find a few software that does the same thing that would be great too.

Back