F-4 in service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven0215

Spaceman
The germans are in a major upgrade program right now on all there f-4 phantom interceptors. Its going to be called the F-4 "Ice" and will have a completely new radar system and ground attack capability. With the new radar system it will be able to use the new AMRAAM missiles and be able to datalink directly to awacs so that it won't even have to turn on its radar to shoot the missiles

Hmm, I think you posted in the wrong thread if not at the wrong chatzone. :)
Lemme guess: You wanted to reply to the "Kilrathi ship design..." thread but instead of hitting "reply" you hit "New thread", am I right? :D

In Argentina we have old A-4R (20 i think), refited with a new radar, and flight systems....but they are so old.

Are you talking about the Skyhawk, which is the A-4, or the Phantom, the F-4?
Because as far as I know not even the Israelis use the Skyhawk anymore, and they can really tweak a plane beyond it's design specs(to quote a famous mechanic.)

Yes, the A-4R, i know, is an ooooold fighter, very old.
What can i said, we have A-4R, Mirage III, some Super Etendard, the Pucara ,and the best trainer in the world the *Pampa* IA-63 !!

F-4? Ahh, the good ol' Thud...I mean Phantom :D

Originally posted by Shaggy
Because as far as I know not even the Israelis use the Skyhawk anymore, and they can really tweak a plane beyond it's design specs(to quote a famous mechanic.)

Like the UBW? :D

Wonder if Pliers' Jewish...

New Zealand still operates the Skyhawk, though not for much longer. Within a few months, we won't have any combat craft anymore, not even combat trainers. :(

Best, Raptor

Oh yeah, the Pampa is the best trainer, mhmm sure

EMB-312 Tucano, THAT is the best trainer
used all over the world, including in usa AND argentina
its also a great attack and superiority fighter (inside its limitations as a non-jet, of course)
The Pampa is actually for advanced training anyway :)

and, btw, argentina has 32 A-4AR and 4 AO-4AR

brazil has 20 A-4MB for the navy that operate out of the São Paulo (our new carrier). they are now on training in the new carrier since the old one (Minas Gerais) was retired

but the majority of our force is of Tucanos (111), AMX´s (55) and F-5s (44)
We´re also building up on the new brazilian fighter, AML (100 ordered)

but we have some Mirrage III (20) and a few other brazilian models

When one considers that NONE of the world's trainers in and of themselves really come close to matching actual operation combat aircraft, I'd have to say that it's the TRAINING that's important, not so much the TRAINING AIRCRAFT.

Originally posted by Kalfor
Oh yeah, the Pampa is the best trainer, mhmm sure

EMB-312 Tucano, THAT is the best trainer
used all over the world, including in usa AND argentina
its also a great attack and superiority fighter (inside its limitations as a non-jet, of course)
The Pampa is actually for advanced training anyway :)

and, btw, argentina has 32 A-4AR and 4 AO-4AR

brazil has 20 A-4MB for the navy that operate out of the São Paulo (our new carrier). they are now on training in the new carrier since the old one (Minas Gerais) was retired

but the majority of our force is of Tucanos (111), AMX´s (55) and F-5s (44)
We´re also building up on the new brazilian fighter, AML (100 ordered)

but we have some Mirrage III (20) and a few other brazilian models

We also have some Aermachi mb.326 and C-130, our only carrier the *25 de Mayo* was decomissed and sent to drydock almost 6 years ago.
The Pampa won the *Best Trainer* prize in Le Bourget ( i can´t remember the year, maybe in the 95 )

on the training part, of course the aircraft is not everything, but its indeed the large part of it
how easy to pilot, but still challenging an aircraft is is important

and, btw, brazilian air force pilots are listed as top 5 of the world
I need to find the damn place I read on the subject. dont remember the order or who was in, but I believe RAF was 1 one
note that thats about pilots, not the airforce itself
brazil has a very outdated airforce, which is still waiting on porjet phoenix (modernization of the F-5Es, replacing the MirageIII, and some other stuff)

back ot the argentine part, yeah, I know the pampa is good. I was just putting some light on a brazilian aircraft :)
and as I said, they are different categories. the pampa is a jet for advanced training. the tucano is a basic training non-jet craft (ok, I forgot the english word for it)
and even though the 25 de mayo was retired, argentine still train and make exercises (at least recently) in the brazillian carrier

Originally posted by Kalfor
...and, btw, brazilian air force pilots are listed as top 5 of the world
Pray tell, where do Israeli and U.S. pilots place in the "Top 5" pantheon?...

Hmm and how did they determine the top 5 pilot rankings? And I wouldnt be surprised if smaller countries rated in the top 5 as they field as many fighters as we have at some given airbases. Thus they have to find the absolute best pilots to make up their airforce. Now take the Top Gun candidates and Red Flag graduates compared to the world's pilots and you will see that the U.S. is unequivocated.

As far as I know, Israel is considered No. 1 in Air Force, and Antarctica No. 0 with no Air Force. :D It's a safe bet the US's somewhere in between. :)

Israel is probably over-rated. Sure, they've done very well aginst Syria and Iraq and so on, but that's hardly saing a lot. :)

PS: And New Zealand is second to last, cause our Air-Force now consists of choppers and transport planes. Like our anthem says "God defend New Zealand", because no-one else is going to. :(

Best, Raptor

U.S. fighterplanes make up the backbone of the israeli air force. Without them, they'd definately lose some of their operational effectiveness. Furthermore, our instructors taught israel everything they know.

If the U.S. put ALL of it's fighter pilots through Top Gun, and the programs like it (Like they should to begin with), there wouldn't even be a debate about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back