F-110 Wasp...experimental fighter?

Actually, you might be onto something--if a cloaking device were a limited enough thing then you could include dialog from frustrated enemies that triggers when you engage it. ("Oh shit, where'd he go? He's off my screens!" and so on--it'd just become annoying/unfeasible the more places in the game it lets you cloak...)

Splinter Cell does this. It's really really cool in the first mission, and then it becomes that every time you slip into the shadows, the AI players start screaming about where you went and they never shut up!

When I first played Starlancer, I tried avoiding being in the gun's line-of-sight too. But it just got too difficult telling which areas were safe and which weren't. In the end, I switched to the cloaked fighter and finished it easily, even though my personal preference is for heavier ships.

I believe there is a HUD Icon that tells you when you are being targeted, and it disappears when the gun no longer has LOS to you.

Huh, I don't remember that, or I didn't see it. I only remember the back-seat driver yelling at me to 'Get out of its range!' over and over again. (I hated that guy. If the Alliance had single-pilot ships instead of dual, they might have won the war! :p)

Back