Ezri leads a discussion on Freespace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually didn't have a problem with Tachyon either.. despite it being a gross ripoff of privateer. I liked the ships, the graphics, and the story... though not so much the guy who played the lead character.

I remember bits and parts of Tachyon, I played it on my dad's computer a few times and wasn't really impressed. Though my fondest memories of Space games was Star Control 3 and Tie Fighter on Saturday mornings. Man that game was pretty fun.

Tachyon's biggest problem was that, unlike the inspiration (Privateer), it wasn't really an open-ended game. Once you completed all the missions, you couldn't even launch.

Not helping any was the rather lackluster endings. I found both of them not very satisfying (for lack of a better term), but was especially let down by the Galspan branch.

And let's not even get into the hackfest that was Tachyon's multiplayer, or Novalogic's lackluster support...

Novalogic is notorious for lackluster everything. Just thinking about F-22 and MiG-29 makes me angry.

Speaking of Novalogic, just thinking about the first couple of Delta Force games angers me. I remember if you ever attempted to snipe, the odd spawn points would spawn some guys right behind you. They didn't get it right until Land Warrior, and even then it wasn't as fun because the enemys were still dumb as dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back