Extract music from WC4 and Prophecy!

Backslash

Spaceman
I discovered how to actually extract the inflight music from WC4 and Prophecy! I'm almost certain it's in stereo, too. Get Game Audio Player 1.32 at
http://www.anxsoft.newmail.ru/gap132.zip

This is a very nice utility, you can use it to play music from all sorts of different games. For WC4, open the Playlist and choose to Scan File all the Music*.tre files. It'll come up with about 10 WAVs each file; the first 6 dittys are usually the same but the rest are different according to which file you open.

You can then use Game Audio Player to extract/convert the files to WAV format, then use your choice of programs to convert them to MP3 if you like. Nice! Haven't been able to test GAP on WC3 yet, but I bet it'd work.

It also extracts the simulator music and includes ENDINGS to the songs, unlike the ones you'll find on the WCNews Music page.

I realize some of this has already been done, but I'm just bringing attention to this easier method. Either way, perhaps the WCNews page could be updated with all this music?

Hope someone finds this information useful!

Wanna impress me? Find me a ripper thats in english to extract .XA (music) files from Playstation CDs. ;)

Prophecy music is easy enough to extract. I'd love to hear WC4 music in stereo (outside the game).

Originally posted by LeHah
Wanna impress me? Find me a ripper that's in English to extract .XA (music) files from Playstation CDs. ;)
Skipped your Russian lessons, LeHah? :D

I believe he's already re-recorded them in stereo, but I think it makes little difference. I doubt a slight phase shift would sound very good.

Originally posted by Backslash
I discovered how to actually extract the inflight music from WC4 and Prophecy! I'm almost certain it's in stereo, too. Get Game Audio Player 1.32 at
http://www.anxsoft.newmail.ru/gap132.zip

This is a very nice utility, you can use it to play music from all sorts of different games. For WC4, open the Playlist and choose to Scan File all the Music*.tre files. It'll come up with about 10 WAVs each file; the first 6 dittys are usually the same but the rest are different according to which file you open.

You can then use Game Audio Player to extract/convert the files to WAV format, then use your choice of programs to convert them to MP3 if you like. Nice! Haven't been able to test GAP on WC3 yet, but I bet it'd work.

It also extracts the simulator music and includes ENDINGS to the songs, unlike the ones you'll find on the WCNews Music page.

I realize some of this has already been done, but I'm just bringing attention to this easier method. Either way, perhaps the WCNews page could be updated with all this music?

Hope someone finds this information useful!

As much as some of y'all enjoy the music, and as much as it has gotten a lotta press, I just don't find the music all that key to WC games, or any other game, for that matter. Then again, maybe it's just too subliminal of a thing for me to consciously notice. Only way to find out is to play the games without sound. Nahhh!--then I woudn't be able to hear dialogue, sound fx, etc.

Drat, you're right, it extracted in mono. I thought it might have depended on the method of extraction... I guess not. Still, Zor Prime is right, this is far better than nothing. (and DEFINITELY better than hearing JUST the voice taunts over and over and over again...)

So can ALL 18 WC4 tracks be put somewhere for everyone to download? Yes, there are 18, not counting the 10-second death/eject/kill/arrive ditties. 8 neutral tracks, 8 battle tracks, and 2 ending (win/lose) tracks.

Re: Re: Extract music from WC4 and Prophecy!

Originally posted by Preacher
Then again, maybe it's just too subliminal of a thing for me to consciously notice.

When done really well, it is. WC manages this most of the time.

Back