Explosions

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
I'm sorry for taking up space, but I have to give you guys a thumbs up on the in-game graphics. I am a big fan of the explosions. The cap ships begin having multiple fires break out, then a massive explosion smashes the ship in half then consumes the entire wrecked hull. Finally the shockwave gives your ship a jolt in the opposite direction.

I was actually able to time it perfectly so that the shockwave increased my burn for a second or two... SEETHER STYLE!:p

I bet that not being able to do Seether's trick in WC4 was frustrating for many players.

Although I wonder if you could somehow accomplish it in WCP. I'm not sure how the splash damage affects objects besides just damage. It would be a fun thing to test out.

Although I wonder if you could somehow accomplish it in WCP. I'm not sure how the splash damage affects objects besides just damage. It would be a fun thing to test out.

I don't think so, since I don't think there's any splash damage in WCP, at least as far as I know...

If you're thinking about the camera shaking when you kill something, that's just the camera shaking; not any form of splash damage.

While we're on the topic of dying ships, you can fly into the hanger of the Fralthi II, shoot it from the inside, and fly out again when it dies sort of like Anakin in Ep. 1

Theoretical...yes but if that would be a good decision? Definitly not.
The hangar is very small and turning is difficult so most likely your best chance would be to get in there with a light fighter like the Arrow but then you would stay they for a long time to down a Fralthi II. Also the explosion would most likely be still quite heavy so that in a light protected Arrow you would most likely take a good amount of damage.
So feel free to try it but don't come back and say I haven't warned you ^_^

What I prefere more is to lock on the hangar itself. When the lock on is done I position myself so that I can fire the torpedos right down the runway.

The hangar is very small and turning is difficult so most likely your best chance would be to get in there with a light fighter like the Arrow but then you would stay they for a long time to down a Fralthi II. Also the explosion would most likely be still quite heavy so that in a light protected Arrow you would most likely take a good amount of damage.

What I prefere more is to lock on the hangar itself. When the lock on is done I position myself so that I can fire the torpedos right down the runway.

I've already done it with the Thud. But your method is pretty fun too. Try it on the Bombing Run in the simulator with Torpedoes set for dual fire. KA-BOOM!

... as I recall most of the time when the Kilrathi did that to Confed carriers, it was a suicide attack... and honestly theres nothing cooler then slamming a heavily damaged fighter thats about to blow up anyway into a critical unit of an enemy capital ship, taking it down with you. But when you still have a fully functional fighter thats only taken minor damage... well you're a better man then me, i wouldn't be flying into a landing bay!

I can give it a try... but i don't recall there being any shockwave in WCP... if there was, it didn't really have the same effect.

There where shockwaves in WCP but only as a graphical effect. It didn't had any effect on your ship as far as I recall it.

As for flighing into a hangarbay...well I also won't do that. As said I prefere to let the torpedos or missiles to the damage.

There where shockwaves in WCP but only as a graphical effect. It didn't had any effect on your ship as far as I recall it.

As for flighing into a hangarbay...well I also won't do that. As said I prefere to let the torpedos or missiles to the damage.

One thing I love doing is turning off the music in the background and playing Bon Jovi- Lost Highway as I fly in and knock out a cruiser... I had to laugh because right as a cruiser blew up from my torpedo at the moment the cruiser lit up, the line "Its Independence day, on this lost highway." plays. Perfectly timed, though totally unintentional.

Back