Excellent Pacific Fighters In-Game Movie!

BrynS

Mr Kat says...
I just saw this posted in another forum -- it's a very well edited segment of visually stunning in-game footage from Pacific Fighters detailing a Japanese sortie from a carrier, where the planes engage American fighters mid flight and then proceed to attack an American air station on a small island, before being repulsed by fighters from a nearby battlegroup.

The visuals and range of different shots is quite spectacular -- a must see for all Wingnuts!

Download the 5m:30s DivX video (47.4MB) here

Cheers,

BrynS

Makes me wish space sims advanced as much. Yeah, you don't have all the terrain/clouds in space normally, but that just means that the objects you do simulate in a space sim could be all the more detailed. And there's plenty they could do with nebulaic clouds and large asteroid/planet surfaces in a space sim to make the missions full of neat looking stuff.

I did some digging, and found another great movie - this one using Pacific Fighter's predecessor, the IL-2 Stumovik engine. It seems like this sort of thing is a hobby in and of itself, like the FPS "Machinema" movement.

It's 199 megs, but if you can handle it it's well worth it. Beautiful visuals and 20 minutes long.

http://downloads.meyeuniverse.com/movies/IPromiseDIVX512.zip

Back