Excalibur's "special tricks"...

If I was bothering to watch it I would- I get most of my sci-fi by reading.

Heck, we introduce almost everything in as canon somehow, it seems- most other series I've seen have to discard a lot more than you guys do. I want to know what about Kilrah generated that shockwave :p

You should bring that complaint up with every piece of science fiction that includes shockwaves in space. :>

Except that shockwaves in space is fact. :)

Heck, that was the primary idea behind the original Project Orion (not the current planned Apollo-alike with the name "Orion", the one that got moving by tossing nuclear bombs out the back and lighting them off). :)

Now, the shockwaves that propagate as being mostly 2D, in a 3D environment... :p

Hmm. I would've never guessed. But aren't shockwaves vibrations? What are they vibrating through in a vacuum?

Project Orion basically had 'throw nuke out back of ship, blow up nuke, let plasma wave of exploding nuke hit pusher plate, and pusher plate moves vessel'.

The Excalibur got rattled probably by the wave of STUFF flying from where the planet was (crust, solidifying magma, atmosphere) and hitting it as it went.

.........and the shockwave as well, the energy of which does not need a medium to travel through like sound does. (as Death pointed out)

Back