Exact rank of Terrence "Zero" O'Hearn in WCP

I just take what this place i'm in gives me..
smile.gif
No just kidding..

------------------
I've seen smarter things..

~Gunner~

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, fungus might be close... they may well be 'grown' like plants.

Brilliance, Ultimate, Happy Death, etc. Why do we know so many WC drugs (G)?

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Was Blair just kidding in Wing Commnader IV? Remember when they were on the intrepid and Maniac was bitching about how much the Interpid sucked, then Blair said "At least you dont have to worry about that Confed promotion" then Maniac celebrates briefly, until he realizes "Confed, thats not right". Anyone else remember that?

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I think he was kidding (do you remember his face when Blair said that to him he he), but it isn't said he was so who knows.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

You know, its really funny watching the friendship of Blair and Maniac in the different Wing Commanders and spinoffs. For example, in the movie they seemed like good friends, in the baseline games they seem to have a bittersweet relationship but still seem like friends, and WCATV they seem like rivals and get into scuffles often. What do you guys think?

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

No, Tol. is never really a good guy... He's annoying in WC2, he is kind of loosing it and is extremely egotistical in WC3 and in WC4 he is gone... He's a bit better in the Novels but not incredibly so.

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I liked Towlyn, up till WC IV. If you ask me, without him Confed would never have been able to hold the Kats long enough to allow blair to deliver the T-bomb. As a matter of fact, I think it would have all been over at the battle of earth without him. Its a damn shame what that war did to him and I think it would have been better if he died at the battle of earth, like a true hero and warrior.

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Baron von LOAF sez:
>Brilliance, Ultimate, Happy Death, etc. Why do we know so many WC drugs (G)?

(Worf)I must protest! I am not a 'merry' man!(/Worf)

(C'mon, like you didn't see some smart-a**ed remark like that coming...)

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

MadDog I feel the same way about Tolwyn (he was great in ER and FA), but I still liked his character after WC4. And although Tolwyn is a bad guy it's better than having an unknown guy like Seether being the the major vilain. I also think Tolwyn should have died in the battle of Terra, he would be remembered as Confeds greates hero.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Do you think that because Action Stations said it
smile.gif
?

I agree with you on the subject of Seether and Tolwyn -- the WCIV advertisements got it wrong. (They showed Tolwyn and Blair back to back, with Seether obscured in darkness). It should have been Blair and Seether, with Tolwyn blacked out.

re: Blair & Maniac. They were both friends and competitors at the Academy -- and they both achieved a grudging respect for eachother there. Once they arrived on the Tiger's Claw (the movie, WC1, etc) they didn't have as much reason to compete -- although the fact that they did was still semi-apparent. In Secret Ops 2 and Wing Commander III Blair genuinely dislikes Maniac and his lifestyle. The grudging respect returns in Wing Commander IV after seeing that Maniac has stuck with the Confederation without an alien menace to fight...

re: Tolwyn. The 'novel' Tolwyn is based on his attitude in the SO addons -- and his two different natures is supposedly based on General Macarthur.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
(loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC
http://www.wcnews.com

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

I know AS says that, but I thought of that even before I've read AS. If Tolwyn would be killed on the bridge of the Concordia he would die saving the Confederation in what was probably the worst battle in history and would become the most famous officer in the navy. Yeah the advertisment did get it wrong especialy after the WC3 box were we see Blair shoulder to shoulder with Thrakhtah, so I think everybody knew Tolwyn was "evil" in WC4 the minute they laid their eyes on the box.

------------------

The WC3 cover is OK, it shows the two enemies next to each other, the opposing forces. It makes sense.

TC

------------------

True but in the WC4 box with Blair next to Tolwyn I imedietly knew Tolwyn will be the bad guy in the game.

------------------

Yeah, but how long does it take to realise that if you've played the other games before??? A new player wouldn't know and an old player would suspect because Tol was treating you too nicely :)

TC

------------------

It all has that tendency to grow on you like that...

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

TC Tolwyn in SO1, and SO2 was nice to Blair, I realy hate that Origin brought back the hate between Blair and Tolwyn in WC3.

------------------

I didnt remember that from action stations, but i guess i need to reread it. I stand by my statment, though. Tolwyn had the heart of a warrior and too many years of war and bloodshed plus the failure of the behemoth drained the humanity out of him. I still respect him for everything he did and i think that in his own mind, he believed he was saving humanity in WCIV. I dont disagree with him, we need to stay ready for the next threat. I just have a problem with the way he went about it. I wish he died on the concordia in FA because it would have been true to the story, but i think the best way for him to have gone would have been to personally deliver the behemoth to Kilrah and die ending that bloody war.

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

You can say he had the "Heart of the Tiger".

------------------

Yeah, but then Chris Blair would sue him for Copyright infringment.

------------------
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

Nah, I think Thrak owned the copyright, he was the one that called Blair that and he had the program that was named that.

TC

------------------

Back