Evading Missles

Originally posted by T8H3X11
Yeah. "I go into the BLACKNESS!"

lol, The only game that I thought fighter to fighter missles were weird in was Privateer. My missles would usally do the damage but when it came to the ones that they fired at me I could easly outrun or out manuver them.

I started playing WC3 again a few nights ago on the crazy and nightmare levels and I'm finding out I missed alot having finished it at the lower levels. There are tons more ships to fight per mission and they not only are tougher, they use missiles like they are going out of style. When I finished a game on ace level I would come back with a few missiles left and maybe a few decoys gone. Now I get halfway through a mission, I'm out of decoys and I'm holding on to my last 2 missiles like they were gold! The missiles are a bunch more powerful too. I got hit in a hellcat with a single missile with no other damage and was treated to the "hands to the face" screen. I stood there with my mouth open for like a minute muttereing,"that's not supposed to happen!"
Anyway, just thought I'd fill you in on my new experience (kindof having to do with evading missiles ;)) with WC3!

C-ya

Originally posted by T8H3X11
Yeah. "I go into the BLACKNESS!"
Uh, that was my point.

Originally posted by IPhoenixI
...Privateer. My missles would usally do the damage but when it came to the ones that they fired at me I could easly outrun or out manuver them.
Missiles are ridiculously slow in Privateer - IIRC, any ship with afterburners could out-run them.

Back