Eternal Allegiance Shows Agonzing Side of WC4 (October 7, 2014)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Beckmen is working on a full length cinematic presentation of Wing Commander Prophecy, but while that is being finalized, he's released a cool 20-minute short of the WC4 path where Blair doesn't defect. Most players - and recorded playthroughs - have Blair defect with Captain Eisen, so while this footage and these missions were included with The Price of Freedom, they didn't get nearly as much screen time. Now's your chance to once again appreciate all the material filmed for this plot branch. Regardless of your choices in WC4, it's a fun (and chilling) watch!

Blair refuses to defect to the Borderworlds... and undergoes a long and troubling campaign against his one-time allies.

--
Original update published on October 7, 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
"Damage? you must be joking" - Seether is an interesting wingman.

The missions of this branching line are very good and give an interesting glimpse of "the other side". I wish more modern games would commit to the branching nature of WC.

It's not nearly as exciting cinematics-wise, but I think one of the single most underappreciated branches of the entire series is the side-plot in Prophecy where you go to Hellespont to defend Callisto Station. How many people even know that the Alcor System can appear in WCP?

It's not nearly as exciting cinematics-wise, but I think one of the single most underappreciated branches of the entire series is the side-plot in Prophecy where you go to Hellespont to defend Callisto Station. How many people even know that the Alcor System can appear in WCP?
Oh I loved that branch, it even had TCS Midway fighting alien capital ships, if I remember correctly.

I didn't remember that! Most of the losing branch get less visibility, I think because we've all been sort of conditioned by the "must win to progress" mindset.

Maybe the only losing branch that's almost as known as winning one is the Sol System. Eisen's final Sol briefing is epic! Link

The very first time I played Wing Commander, back in the early 90's, I went into the losing branch, and it was one of the most memorable gaming experiences I've ever had.

Back