Est Prolouge Release

I know that this might be a far away from happening but from your Progress can give me a Estimate Release for the Prolouge to be released?

I'm really excited about it!

I don't know about Eder, but I wouldn't give an ETA even if I thought it might be next week :p. Well, all right, if I thought it might be next week, then maybe. But in general, ETAs just disappoint people, since they're never met.

Raptor leader said:
I know that this might be a far away from happening but from your Progress can give me a Estimate Release for the Prolouge to be released?
Release dates are for professionals, and for amateurs who have no idea what they're doing.

Just so that your question doesn't go unanswered, though, I'm gonna give you the answer most commonly used by professionals who have no idea what they're doing: the Prologue will be released when it's done.

Raptor leader said:
I'm really excited about it!
Trust me: Standoff does exist, and it will be released eventually, so you just need to be patient :p

Of course, any one who's got time on their hands can sharpen up their flying skills on Prophecy/SO. The biggest handicap I had when playing UE was that I hadn't played WC for months. That, along with the much harder missions in UE (I assume Standoff will be similar?) lead some serious wallopings.

Raptor said:
That, along with the much harder missions in UE (I assume Standoff will be similar?)...
Not exactly. We're trying to make Standoff hard, but in a different way than UE, and Standoff should be a bit (not much) easier overall.

Yeah. In UE, it was hard to survive. In Standoff, survival's easier, but actually winning the campaign - that'll take real skill ;).

That was often the case in UE. If you got back to the Dauntless (and that's a very big if) then you probably managed to get the mission done. In the first mission flying the Gratha I have trouble meeting the first wave of fighters at the first nav point. Then I have to go and fight Salthi in an asteroid field! Aggggh!

Hmm, I suppose that's kinda true, it was usually difficult to survive without completing your mission. Ah, well... at least Mission 3 allowed you to survive failure. But then you were stuck on a losing path ending in death. Hmm :p.

I liked the way the losing path put you in an already damaged ship, and then hurled a burning friendly craft at you as you took off. Looked brilliant! Buggered your ship yet further though, which was less welcome.

I...

first finished UE without the help of the Kilrathi...
only to face an endless swarm of Nephilem fighters...
and a descent good losing ending scene.

It is possible to finish and win UE without the help of the Kilrathi. The real losing path only happens if you lose Beaufort Station.

In my opinion, that (and the second mission) was the hardest.

Fighting damn swarms of enemies five and six times . . gah . . not that I couldn't handle it, but I ended up spilling my pepsi while I was flying with one hand. Not cool.

And, I still can't watch the end sequence. I get to the bay full of fighters, and my computer locks up. What happens?

Unregistered said:
And, I still can't watch the end sequence. I get to the bay full of fighters, and my computer locks up. What happens?
A whole freaking lot of BW ships show up... I think :p

My machine is a 200 megahertz pentium with 49 meg ram. But, also, my harddrive is old and starting to act up. And I don't have a 3d accel card, so I have to use the 'software'

As said in the UE tech support file, the software mode may not work properly because of the contraints on the Vision engine.

Back