Episodes 2-7 for Secret Ops - how to install ?

OSH

Rear Admiral
Hi!
One simple question. I have WC V Prophecy Gold and Episodes 2-7. Each episode is a self-extracting exe. How can I install them? I've installed "normal" Secret Ops but this containing only Episode 1 right? I've downloaded also Secret Ops Starter Pack, did this pack contains all of seven episodes ?

Hello Osh!

To install the Secret Ops episodes, just run the self extracting executable files inside your SO directory. That should automatically install the episodes into your game.

Yeah, once you install episode one of Wing Commander: Secret Ops, I think you have to run the EXEs for episode 2-7 going in order. IIRC, the EXE detects where your WCSO installation is.

The starter pack only contains episode 1.

Thanks for quick replies. But when I change directory for Secret Oops (for example "C:\Wing Commander Secret Ops" instead a standard "C:\Program Files\Origin Systems\Secret Ops") will be still possible to isntall these episodes ? And how I can detect, these all episodes are correctly installed ?

Thanks for quick replies. But when I change directory for Secret Oops (for example "C:\Wing Commander Secret Ops" instead a standard "C:\Program Files\Origin Systems\Secret Ops") will be still possible to isntall these episodes ? And how I can detect, these all episodes are correctly installed ?

If you installed it to that directory with the installer, you should have no problems. If you moved it to that directory later, you may still have issues. The installer should auto-detect what directory you installed it to.

Also, the above mention is incorrect. You actually only need to run Episode 7 in order to play all the episodes in order, as Episode 7 contains all the files for the other episodes. So...download and install WCSO, then installed the Episode 7 patch and you will be good to go.

Only one question yet: when I've installed Episode 1 from Starter Pack, first I should enter a registration code, and now a n intro is playing. But when I install Episode 7.exe, and launch game, first I have to enter my callsign, annd after this I see control room (without intro). Is this normal, or I've did something wrong ?

Only one question yet: when I've installed Episode 1 from Starter Pack, first I should enter a registration code, and now a n intro is playing. But when I install Episode 7.exe, and launch game, first I have to enter my callsign, annd after this I see control room (without intro). Is this normal, or I've did something wrong ?

Once you've entered the code and watched the scene the first time, you don't have to enter the code anymore, it takes you straight to the control room.

Some basic stuff:
Secret Ops from the WC Prophecy Gold package already has all 7 episodes installed. No need to install anything here. It does not have any code to enter.
Secret Ops download need a registration code upon creating the character. You can either just play this version until you get a password screen and enter that one into the fiction viewer (recommended), then install the next episode and repeat.
Alternatively you can install episode 7 right away and play through the whole game at once (episode 7 contains all files from episodes 1-7). However, you will loose customized fiction that way.
In order to install an episode just run the file and select the secret ops directory. Final note: you can downgrade the WCP Gold version of secret ops to give fiction passwords by installing my Episode 1 installer (found at http://www.karl.frank.name/mods ) and then proceed as with the download package.

Very big thanks for you, guys for completely description of installation process and for all hints. Now, I know everything, what I've needed. But before I will play Prophecy and Secret Ops, I have to finish Secret Missions from WC, WC II, WC III, WC IV ...it's a long way. But I hope. I will find time to play this awesome series :)

Back