episode 2

Avenger

Spaceman
hi, just download and installed the game but when I run it it always comes up as fatal error, I have set the compatibility to windows 95 aswell, please help so I can play I can't wait!

Please write your exact error message, your Windows version, along with the configuration you used in the options and your video card brand please.

If you use an ATI, it has problems with the 32-bits patch. Just select 16-bits mode and see if it works. If it does, you can try to fix 32-bit mode with a special DLL we supplied with the installation. Just rename gl_0000x.ati into gl_0000x.dll (backup the original gl_0000x.dll first) and see if it fixes 32-bits mode for you.

If you don't have an ATI video card, well post us as many information as you can and we'll try to help you.

ok here goes:

Windows XP home edition
version 2002
home edition
sp2

Dell Dimension 2300
Intel pentinum 4
256mb ram
2.5ghz
an intel graphics card

and the error says:

GL_d3d_5:createZBuffer attatch failed 87

Ok, that's related to the graphics card. Try the solutions that PopsiclePete mentioned. At least one of them should hopefully work.

well that has got rid of the previous error by setting it to 16bit but there is already a gl_0000x.dll. However, Now it says please re install the program, done that and the same error pops up again. I'm just not having it my way am i?

He needs the new file like you sent me

It sounds like he's having the same problem I had when first trying to run U.E. and Standoff.. You guys put a link to the new .gll file right in the post of your reply to me, I put in in my directory and overwrote the old file, and everything has been hunky-dory ever since. Just let him download the same file from you and it should work.

He NEEDS THE NEW .DLL FILE

I cant remember if Quarto or Eder gave me the new .dll file...I think it was you Quarto, wasnt it?

That alternate DLL is now included in the install package, it's called gl_0000x.ati. To use it, you just have to rename gl_0000x.dll to something else, and gl_0000x.ati to gl_0000x.dll.

Do you have windows set to display the full file name of all files? I have the feeling it might hide something and you files are named xxx.dll.ati or something like that.

me again, yes I have my problem solved! Popsicle guided me on msn and i was able to eradicate my problem. All I had to do was delete standoff and secret ops completely, download the starter pack again and standoff episode 1 and 2 and hey presto it worked! Thanks for all your help everyone

Back