Epee

Hobbie

Spaceman
Ok, playing through WC2 there is an obvious deconsistency with the Epee. Angel says in a briefing that it has one torpedo. When we fly the ship, we know it does not have a torpedo. Who do we believe?

Also, if the Epee had a torpedo when we fly it and was sent on an attack mission, it might actually be worth something. :)

fighters can have different loadouts depending on the mission. eg. your saber in hte last mission had a hellload of torps.

As soon as LOAF reads this message, he'll answer better than I will, but in the meantime... :p

The Epee can be probably refitted to carry one torpedo, and if I remember correctly, Angel is speaking of another wing in the briefing room, assigned to OTHER pilots, a mission that you will therefore not fly...
Then maybe in THAT mission, the Epees were refitted with one torpedo each...

This probably obligated them to drop all their missiles, as a torpedo is quite heavy... but I don't know, maybe the purpose of that mission was to fool the enemy in disguising the frontal attack: they Kilrathis wouldn't expect Epees to carry torpedoes, would they? ;)

I know, but the way its worded makes it seem like it is a regular thing.... "with the Epee's one torpedo, you should be able to destroy the starbase"....somethin like that. Anyways, if you could switch torps in and out of your loadout, then who is to stop you from putting torps in a Ferret, or even an Arrow? This brings up an interesting debate.

mpanty: If I remember correctly, Angel assigns the mission to you and then switches you out of it for another mission. I might be wrong, I can't remember for sure. And I think its the starbase mission where Spirit bites the dust.

See Hobbie? :)

Told you you never have to fly that mission...

Besides, Spirit dies :( on a Sabre wing, not an Epee...

I know, I know :) you misunderstood me. I think that was the mission where Angel was gonna make you fly Epees, but instead she lets you fly Sabres. Hence, Spirit dying on a Sabre wing.

Is there a way to get a menu of smilies. They help to emulate emotion, but its hard to use them with just brackets and colons.

[Edited by Hobbie on 03-18-2001 at 20:20]

You are correct -- the Epee (classified as a Medium Attack Fighter) can be refitted to mount a single torpedo... you do not fly that mission, so you never actually get to see this in-game (it was assigned to Buckaroo and Hollywood).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
You are correct -- the Epee (classified as a Medium Attack Fighter) can be refitted to mount a single torpedo... you do not fly that mission, so you never actually get to see this in-game (it was assigned to Buckaroo and Hollywood).

Just as well. Can you imagine trying to survive a Fralthra's flak long enough to deliver a torpedo from an Epee? :eek:

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Wedge009
Ah, wasn't it a Light attack fighter?

If it wasn't, I'd hate to see what kind of shields and armour a *real* light attack fighter would have. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by $tormin
fighters can have different loadouts depending on the mission. eg. your saber in hte last mission had a hellload of torps.

Hmmm. We see this in Prophecy and Secret Ops as well, where fighters' loadouts can be configured to strike and Wild Weasel configs as well. Makes me wonder, can the WC3/WC4 do that as well, or they limited in their configurations?

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
You are correct (...)

Mmmmmhhh... LOAF, couldn't you please say "mpanty is correct" instead, so that I can put in my signature like TC did? :p:p

It is for sure that I would not appreciate making a torpedo run in an light attack fighter as the Epee in WC2! :)
I found it strange that a strike or wild weasel loadout carried more missiles than a normal loadout. The "normal" Tigershark carries 4HS, 2FF, 2IR and a rocketpod with 36 missiles. Now the WW loadout of the WCP Tigershark is stated as being 6HS,2FF,4Harm and a rocket pod (36). Why not always put so many missiles ona fighter? I never remarked any reduction in maneuvrability or acceleration. And I think that the strike loadout of the Vampire in SOPS takes more space up than the normal version (although the strike loadout carries less missiles, but it carries 4 Lt torpedoes).

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-19-2001 at 10:25]

Back