Enterprise Officially Cancelled

Ding-Dong the witch is dead! I'm happy they put that terrible rendition of Star Trek to pasture. Why?

Because the show sucked: bad plot holes, lame characters, and moronic writers. Simply, it kinda screwed Star Trek for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Trek, but I think this show was the last straw for anything decent and it turned into a sore disappointment.

You can only milk the cash cow for so long...and Enterprise is an example of beating a dead horse, burying, digging it up again and beating it some more. I'm not saying the Star Trek franchise isn't dead itself, but I'd figure if they'd want to make a new series give the audience about two of three years of breathing space.

Chicken said:
Ding-Dong the witch is dead! I'm happy they put that terrible rendition of Star Trek to pasture. Why?

Because the show sucked: bad plot holes, lame characters, and moronic writers. Simply, it kinda screwed Star Trek for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Trek, but I think this show was the last straw for anything decent and it turned into a sore disappointment.

I agree with you that Enterprise was really bad until this season which actually turned out to be pretty good but I guess most people had given up on it already. Another reason doing this will be good if its successful is that atleast there is a future for more StarTrek series and other scifi shows. The general concenses right now is that a new show probably wont air for atleast another 10 years so if we keep this one going somehow then we should have a new one some three yrs down the line.

Chicken said:
You can only milk the cash cow for so long...and Enterprise is an example of beating a dead horse, burying, digging it up again and beating it some more. I'm not saying the Star Trek franchise isn't dead itself, but I'd figure if they'd want to make a new series give the audience about two of three years of breathing space.

Please don't troll.

TopGun said:
Family Guy is GREAT, got Seasons 1-3 on DVD, can't wait to see Season 4

I like Family Guy - but much like South Park is to Beavis And Butthead - it just seems like someone is taking another person's ideas and trying to make them more "Xtrem3!".

I also wish people would stop telling me how good Family Guy is and instead suggesting where I could find a new place to eat a delicious hamburger at.

varunreddy said:
I know it sounds crazy but people seem to be getting onboard and if about a million fans give around $30 (less then the cost of a night out partying) we could hae a whole season of enterprise.

Riiiiggghhhhttt... and when my check for thirty dollars goes AWOL because only about seven hundred fans donated?

FlashFire82 said:
Riiiiggghhhhttt... and when my check for thirty dollars goes AWOL because only about seven hundred fans donated?
Well according to the people organising it you get a refund less 3% - 5% (probably paypal fees)

I saw the first season, and half of the second. I loved the first season, then they started up this whole new-age propaganda campaign and I started hating it, and from what I've been told it hasn't really gotten any better. I'm actually glad to see it go...though I'll miss Star Trek, because I doubt there'll ever be another. It's the end of an era, friends.

LeHah said:
I also wish people would stop telling me how good Family Guy is and instead suggesting where I could find a new place to eat a delicious hamburger at.

Hamburgers R Us should do the trick :D

Aron Figaro said:
I saw the first season, and half of the second. I loved the first season, then they started up this whole new-age propaganda campaign and I started hating it, and from what I've been told it hasn't really gotten any better. I'm actually glad to see it go...though I'll miss Star Trek, because I doubt there'll ever be another. It's the end of an era, friends.

Give Season 4 a shoit. If you like Star Trek I think ou will like it. Until S4 I never liked it too much either but after the first 2 episodes that tie up the xindi arc (the weakest plot on Enterprise IMHO) it becomes much much better.

BTW TrekUnited is a site dedicated to this campaign. It has been started by Tim at SaveEnterprise . The website is still under construction but the TrekUnited Forums are pretty active.

Varun
P.S. Here is a link to the Campaign FAQ

TopGun said:
Hamburgers R Us should do the trick :D

You'd think, right? Luckily, I found this amazing pizza parlor in Boston that sells the most amazing cheeseburger sub ever. I think the place is somewhere near the Christian Science Building.

McGruff said:

Been there, done that.

bigburger.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope none of the Burger ended up in your Beard LOAF :D (No Offense Buddy)

PS. That Really Looks Tasty

ohmygod - the mother of all Burgers. Love it!

I love the fact that the cheese slices make a p*ss-poor effort in covering the burger simply due to its woefully inadequate size. (burger:cheese ratio) :D

Fairfield County Connecticut happens to be a nexus of excellent food. I have three eateries recognized as the best in the nation no farther than 30 minutes from my house.

The first one is Super Duper Weenie - which just opened a new place two roads away from my house. I didn't find it anything to scream about - especially when a Hot Dog with a large Strawberry Shake came to $7 and lacked anything worth mentioning in taste.

The second one is Botsford Drive-in in Newtown which has absolutely outstanding hotdogs. I use to drive down there on Sundays and get the Family Value Pack or whatever it was - 5 long dogs (you could get them with relish or kraut but I get mine plain because I add that stuff at home to my liking) and a big brown bag of greasy fries (or for an extra 99 cents, BBQ fries) for $8. I use to go home, toss those dogs back with some ketchup and hot sauce and watch MST3k all afternoon.

The last place is at the botom of my road - called Dr Mike's Ice Cream. They have some incredible flavors. Their Chocolate Lace And Cream is probably the one their most popular for - though I perfer the seasonal Pumpkin.

Back