editing guns

Just wanted to see a little flame for a Editing forum's thread
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Snuzzleduck, i made the convertions, not the models, i put that in the readme.txt i sent you.
And what is nifty??
My Kilrathi...ops....
My english isnt so good...

It something like nice right?? Thats what the translator says...
I have lots of other models, i just dont convert them to SO, because the texturing problem i told you...

yes, nifty does mean good, in a fun sort of way. texturing is the problem i've been having too with trying to create my own ships, that and like i said, trying to make my models in autocadd, which is far from the best system to do it in

Have you created any new ships, i would be interested to see it...
About the laser beams, i think there is a big problem with it, because even with a short refire rate, it does no damage when shoting in short range, what i guess should do more damage in close range(in my opinion)...

does the beam laser work for you? it does for me at long or short ranges. the ion beam doesn't work at long range though, but it will if you shorten it. got some new stuff i've made too. a sort of electron gun thingy, and a new missile. used the confed drone mesh that wasn't used in the game to make a sort of kamikaze drone type thing. searches out slower moving enemy ships and blows 'em up.

killerwave, i've made 3 meshes in autocadd, then tried to attatch mats to them only to find out that they weren't counting as 3d objects, so i have to go back and remake them. one of them is done other than texturizing it, which if you know a good way to do that, i'd be very happy to hear it.

d'oh, i mean the ion beam works at long ranges but not short

All textures that i put in the B5 ships was with Thomas Bruckner model compiler using random coordinates, which looks ok if you only uses one mat. There is other way to texture a mesh in HC1 archives (in how to create new wcp ships), but the procces dont work right (for me anyway), and the texturing is very slow, HC1 told me he was working in a new C texturizing kit, but since he gave up wc editing...

i've been trying to use the texturizer from HC1, but been running into the same problem as you, it seems. i'll have to try the model compiler

Back