ecenomics 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
upyr1 said:
Hi,
what changes would you like to see done to the ecenomic model if any?
here is my list...
here it is seriously
1. ore at mines the bard of Iron and tungsten should be baught only at refinreries
2. praice ranges like in the original Privateer not only bassed on comodity price fluction but also how a base would use a product
3. volume pricing so when you buy 10 it is slightly less then buying one per unit...
4. replacethe buy all with a buy 100 and may be add a third buton for some ammount only a draman could sainly carry.
5. when a planet or base produces an item it should have insane amounts of it so a draman could be profitable.
6. kilrathi cargoships (unless they all ready exist) so we can do some real privaterring
7. more salvagable matrial when craft exploed especialy on the easier levels.

Because I'd feel bad making fun of your spelling and grammar if you were from a non-English speaking country. Nobody's gonna take your suggestions seriously if they have to struggle to understand what you're trying to say. What the hell does "ore at mines the bard of Iron and tungsten should be baught only at refinreries" mean?

Yeah, they don't get rid of the ones unable to preform basic things like spell. I am living proof of the need to reform.

-Rance-

I'm a big proponent of public schools over private. I just think people are lazy.

ChrisReid said:
I'm a big proponent of public schools over private. I just think people are lazy.
An I think some people are flat out rude...
Mr. I"MperfictInevermakemistakes either discuss WC economics or find a shirt that says "I'm an idiot on who can not understand ther is such things as LD which requires you ahve at least an average IQ" and leave me alone. Did you suffer from a nearly fatal disease as an infant that has resulted in an abnormal brain patern?
I did so before you turn this into a private vrs. public school debate Let me tell you
I went to both types and I can say it depends but both fail when it comes to some one like me. I am the child that was left behind.

I guess what people are getting at, is that we have no idea what you mean. Now, you may or may not have some real problem that makes you unable to spell properly. If this is the case, perhaps you could have someone who is able, type out your question so that someone can address it here.

-Rance-

Its funny how everyone that gets made fun of for bad spelling or grammar suddenly has a disease or condition that inhibits proper spelling. Now I honestly have no idea if you really do have this condition but it is rather convenient that everyone who misspells a word does don't you think?

Look may be it is time for you fucking human spellcheckers to give the fuck up...
some people just have problems spelling and from my perspective it shows that you don't
have fucking brains just jack off to dictionaries. It a matter of visual memory and some people do lack in that area. Now how about Privateer ecenimics?
As that is the name of the damn thread not spelling

Hey, guys. Leave that guy alone. He's not really having spelling problems. Those are typing problems. I can tell the difference, since the same word is spelled different: praice and price. It's common for people who don't type often to start typing phonetically, and this leads to spelling errors.
So, please, he's right. Why do you care? A simple "What do you mean by...?" would have been enough.

PS: By the way, I too noticed that disease thing. Really interesting.
PS2: Perhaps I'm wrong, who knows, but looks pretty classic.

Oh: and Changes I would like:

1) Complex but non-random fluctuation (as in following some hidden rules)
2) Link economy fluctuation to the news

I would like a bunch of other stuff, but other people already made it clear that it's not for the Remake.

Actually, the name of the thread is "ecenomics 101" It does not mention that you meant privateer. The garbled list makes a bit more sense if I assumed you meant privateer though. However, even with all that said, I still don't understand what you happen to be looking for or why. I am not looking to bash, just a clear question to answer.

-Rance-

upyr1 said:
Look may be it is time for you fucking human spellcheckers to give the fuck up...
some people just have problems spelling and from my perspective it shows that you don't
have fucking brains just jack off to dictionaries. It a matter of visual memory and some people do lack in that area. Now how about Privateer ecenimics?
As that is the name of the damn thread not spelling

Except for one spelling error, "ecenimics" and a couple of missing commas you seem to have done a fine job with the spelling and grammar in this post...what's your problem again? *Rolls eyes...

vindicator said:
Actually, the name of the thread is "ecenomics 101" It does not mention that you meant privateer. The garbled list makes a bit more sense if I assumed you meant privateer though. However, even with all that said, I still don't understand what you happen to be looking for or why. I am not looking to bash, just a clear question to answer.
-Rance-
You ARE looking to bash!! If you make an effort yourself, you'd notice that he posted his thread in the "Privateer Remake" section, so it goes without saying that it's about Privateer.
upyr1 said:
Hi,
what changes would you like to see done to the ecenomic model if any?
here is my list...
IMO there's nothing confusing here either.
Vindicator, if you are indeed "looking for a clear question to answer", then just give a list of what you would like to see changed in the Remake at the economic level.
If you can't do that, then don't post a reply!

upyr1 said:
5. when a planet or base produces an item it should have insane amounts of it so a draman could be profitable.
7. more salvagable matrial when craft exploed especialy on the easier levels.
These are the ones I would also like to see changed.
Where's the advantage of having a drayman, if you can't even fill the cargo bays?
As for salvagable material, I actually used a patch in the original that left more cargo to be tractored it after destroying a enemy craft. This actually made it interesting/profitable to become a pirate!

klauss said:
Hey, guys. Leave that guy alone. He's not really having spelling problems. Those are typing problems. I can tell the difference, since the same word is spelled different: praice and price. It's common for people who don't type often to start typing phonetically, and this leads to spelling errors.
So, please, he's right. Why do you care? A simple "What do you mean by...?" would have been enough.

I know people who chronically misspell words too. During is durring 100% of the time, among is ammong and so on. Doesn't matter if they type or write it, it's still misspelling. But it's really not about spelling and grammar, but legibility. It's not just that he chronically butchers words and sentences, but rather that they make no sense when he's through. He's a lazy poster that doesn't stand up to the minimums of conversation the rest of us hold to. Look at the first post in this thread. He accidentally left off the list of things the thread was about. And he never answered the question, what the hell does "ore at mines the bard of Iron and tungsten should be baught only at refinreries" mean? The rest of us shouldn't have to decipher that garbage because someone is too lazy to clean it up. And as major striker pointed out, he seems to be able to eliminate the spelling errors quite readily when he wants to..

upyr1 said:
An I think some people are flat out rude...
Mr. I"MperfictInevermakemistakes either discuss WC economics or find a shirt that says "I'm an idiot on who can not understand ther is such things as LD which requires you ahve at least an average IQ" and leave me alone.

Typing in an incredibly sloppy manner is rude to everyone else. It's absurd to make the analogy that I'm pretending to be perfect and you made a rare accidental mistake. I'll leave you with a warning for your email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back